Call rate reductions not likely from mobile providers

grok

Honorary Master
Dunno it's probably gross but it still gives an idea what kind of game they were playing. Their spin on how much this is gonna hurt them & how they can't lower prices are laughable .. I thought it balances out anyway? To me it's equivalent to a bully being forced to pay back the lunch-money he stole .. and crying 'cos now he has less. WTF cares?

What lower ic rates do bring is the opportunity for smaller operators to lower their call rates. I might just do a number port seeing how VC loves to milk their contract customers.

Shayd

Expert Member
Actually the lower MTR allows the smaller players like 8ta and Cell C to come in at better prices... they are net losers in the MTR battle so the lower rates will mean cheaper calls. Just not from Voda or MTN.

TwoCents1000

Actually the lower MTR allows the smaller players like 8ta and Cell C to come in at better prices... they are net losers in the MTR battle so the lower rates will mean cheaper calls. Just not from Voda or MTN.
Right. But for some reason MTN and Vodacom are the evil ones in not dropping their pricing on the back of reduced profits due to MTR.

The problem for the smaller guys like Cell C and 8TA is they're not profitable yet. They need a reduction in MTR to just survive and will want to keep the NP increase to themselves.

Neotel say they will pass the saving on. But at this point in time they'll say anything as it does not really matter anymore. They're stuffed either way. Like any man drowning, they'll grasp at whatever straw they can.

n00berizer

That Vodacom oke is talking such bull****, they not losing money they just not making as much as they used to.