Can I get windows 10 on mac ?

Mr.Ree

I was wondering, can I get windows 10 on a mac? I tried parallel 12, I downloaded the trial and tried to import windows from my HP laptop and all my files, unfortunately it keeps stopping/failing and I was wondering is there a simpler way to do this? I tried using a hard drive too, my data on the Hp laptop including the windows itself was 68 GB which I don't think is a lot.. please help me if you can..

Thank you

Mr.Ree

I want windows and the apple OS on the computer so I think boot camp only allows onw

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
I run Win 10 in Parallels. It works, but very slowly. However I have an i5 with 4GB RAM. If you had a beefier PC and an SSD you would be fine.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I want windows and the apple OS on the computer so I think boot camp only allows onw

Bootcamp lets you boot into another OS as well as your existing OsX installation. Windows will run natively.

Mr.Ree

But can I transfer windows from my hp pc? I don't wanna buy windows again and I don't know where I left my windows activation key.. so I kind of messed up.. is this asking for a lot?

Kung Fu Porkchop

Expert Member
But can I transfer windows from my hp pc? I don't wanna buy windows again and I don't know where I left my windows activation key.. so I kind of messed up.. is this asking for a lot?

You will have to install Windows from scratch using boot camp.

Mr.Ree

Thanks everyone for all your help and your opinions.. this is really helpful.. you'll all rock!

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Do you still plan on using your HP PC? OR are you transferring to Mac and getting rid of the HP?