• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Can't access my Netis router?? Please help

Matt_20

Hi all

New to the forum and what seems like a really simple thing is proving to be rather difficult... for some reason :confused:

Recently had Fiber installed through Vox/Openserve the router that I received free has minimal range so I decided to upgrade. Ended up getting a Netis WF2780F based on the good reviews for it's wifi range, but I can't access the damn thing.:crying:

Going from GPON line 1 to Netis WAN - Then from Netis Lan 1 to PC. When trying to access the router by going to nets.cc as instructed in guide I can't get to it. Also tried accessing via the IP and still nothing.

If anyone has experience with these routers and can provide some guidance, that would be great :)

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
1.What ip are you trying to access
2. What's the IP address of your pc
3. What's the default gateway on your pc?

Matt_20

Thanks Hamish I'm really stumped with this one.

When I check terminal (got a Mac, probably the first problem)..I get

Router IP - 169.254.108.53
When I check under network setting with an ethernet connection I don't see an IP address - See image

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 7.42.05 PM.png

Mac's IP address -192.168.1.242
Default gateway - When I check with ifconfig using terminal it comes up as 169.254.108.53?

Anthro

Expert Member
I had to use the CD that came with the router to config mine.. but it's only Windows based..
Where are you from ? Maybe I can help (im in CT -_-)

Also.. don't see that you have done a hard reset from the reset switch, that would normally do the trick to force it back to 192.168.1.1

Last edited:

jsheed_sa

Expert Member
Thanks Hamish I'm really stumped with this one.

When I check terminal (got a Mac, probably the first problem)..I get

Router IP - 169.254.108.53
When I check under network setting with an ethernet connection I don't see an IP address - See image

View attachment 498589

Mac's IP address -192.168.1.242
Default gateway - When I check with ifconfig using terminal it comes up as 169.254.108.53?
You're seeing an APIPA IP - which makes it look like your router isn't handing out addresses via DHCP.

Set a static IP on your Mac and confirm if you can now connect to the router.

https://www.webopedia.com/TERM/A/APIPA.html

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master