CBD South Africa

MrBud

Hi all,

I wanted to open up a discussion about Cannabidiol (CBD).
For those that don't know, this is a compound found in the cannabis plant, but DOES NOT GET YOU HIGH!

This compound alone has shown potential for numerous health conditions and as a general wellness supplement.

If anyone is interested in knowing more and learning, just get in touch!
If you want to start your journey and incorporate CBD into your life, I can also help you with that.

WorldWarIII

Expert Member
if you break the dropper and drink the whole bottle it does make you high

Reactions: 3WA

MrBud

if you break the dropper and drink the whole bottle it does make you high
What CBD brand were you using? It shouldn't make you high - and if it did, it means that it was actually mixed with THC!

grok

Honorary Master
Hi all,

For those that don't know, this is a compound found in the cannabis plant, but DOES NOT GET YOU HIGH!

This compound alone has shown potential for numerous health conditions and as a general wellness supplement.

If you want to start your journey and incorporate CBD into your life, I can also help you with that.

If it does not get you high, what's it good for? Cos its bloody expensive.

For example, does it cure cancer?

Larry_Fisherman

Hi all,

But can you assist with THC?

MrBud

If it does not get you high, what's it good for? Cos its bloody expensive.

For example, does it cure cancer?
It works as a general wellness supplement. So like you would buy your multivitamin at Dischem, you use CBD in a similar manner.
Also, things like anxiety, pain management or insomnia are all conditions which CBD can assist with.

Nibiru

I drank a Ruby Grapefruit Dope Sparkling CBD infused water this morning.

It contained 6mg CBD. If I were to smoke 1 x bong of quality indoor I would have consumed more CBD and reached a state of relaxation and "lekker hoog wees" as well.

Extracted CBD can be very misleading. if you are serious about the health benefits always get a full spectrum CBD and not some isolated CBDs.

schuits

Expert Member
I've actually been doing a bit of reading about CBD lately.

South Africa
CBD was a schedule 7 drug, in the same class as say heroin. Then recently it was made a schedule 4 drug that can be obtained with a prescription.

So why is it so freely available?
From May 2019, CBD was exempted from the scheduling system for 1 year, making it legal for anyone to sell, under the following conditions:

1) the maximum daily dose of CBD must be 20 milligrams or less, and the product can not claim to cure or treat any specific condition. It may only advertise "general health enhancement", or "health maintenance", or promise "relief of minor symptoms", as long as those symptoms are not linked to a disease or disorder.
or
2) manufacturers and retailers can also claim the protection of the exemption for products made "from cannabis raw plant material and processed products" as long as no extra CBD is added, and the final product contains only a tiny fraction of CBD (0.0075%) and a maximum of 0.001% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)

Unless renewed, the exemption will expire on 15 May 2020.

Many products available flaunt the 1st exemption but clearly the law is turning a blind eye to that. My 30ml vape juice alone contains 400mg CBD.

MrBud

I drank a Ruby Grapefruit Dope Sparkling CBD infused water this morning.

It contained 6mg CBD. If I were to smoke 1 x bong of quality indoor I would have consumed more CBD and reached a state of relaxation and "lekker hoog wees" as well.

Extracted CBD can be very misleading. if you are serious about the health benefits always get a full spectrum CBD and not some isolated CBDs.
6mg is nothing, I'm assuming this was Goodleaf? Isolate may not be quite as effective as Full Spectrum, but it does have its place and still shows benefits if it's part of a regular routine.

Also remember that not everyone wants to get high, but they want to benefit from the plant.

Nibiru

6mg is nothing, I'm assuming this was Goodleaf? Isolate may not be quite as effective as Full Spectrum, but it does have its place and still shows benefits if it's part of a regular routine.

Also remember that not everyone wants to get high, but they want to benefit from the plant.

Dope is the brand's name. R23 a can at Spar. Never again.

MrBud

I've actually been doing a bit of reading about CBD lately.

South Africa
CBD was a schedule 7 drug, in the same class as say heroin. Then recently it was made a schedule 4 drug that can be obtained with a prescription.

So why is it so freely available?
From May 2019, CBD was exempted from the scheduling system for 1 year, making it legal for anyone to sell, under the following conditions:

1) the maximum daily dose of CBD must be 20 milligrams or less, and the product can not claim to cure or treat any specific condition. It may only advertise "general health enhancement", or "health maintenance", or promise "relief of minor symptoms", as long as those symptoms are not linked to a disease or disorder.
or
2) manufacturers and retailers can also claim the protection of the exemption for products made "from cannabis raw plant material and processed products" as long as no extra CBD is added, and the final product contains only a tiny fraction of CBD (0.0075%) and a maximum of 0.001% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)

Unless renewed, the exemption will expire on 15 May 2020.

Many products available flaunt the 1st exemption but clearly the law is turning a blind eye to that. My 30ml vape juice alone contains 400mg CBD.
A bottle of CBD can contain up to 1000mg of CBD. You can make the conscious decision to consume half the bottle which is more than the recommended daily dose, and there's nothing wrong with that.
But by law, brands have to recommend that you consume 20mg as a daily dose. Which at the end of it all is really not much - which is also why so many believe that CBD doesn't work here in SA - because some people need up to 500mg a dose for relief from their symptoms.

MrBud

Dope is the brand's name. R23 a can at Spar. Never again.
Ahh yes tried one myself actually - it is pointless and not very nice. 6mg as a dose has very little benefit - you'd be better off with a tincture or using a vaporiser.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
i use CBD oil
stays in my fridge
about once a week or so sometimes every 2 weeks when arthritis kicks in i add between 4 to 8 drops to my supper meal.
The next morning my arthritis is gone.

CBD oil works very well, just wish it wasnt R650 for such a tiny bottle otherwise i would use it everyday

Nibiru

Ahh yes tried one myself actually - it is pointless and not very nice. 6mg as a dose has very little benefit - you'd be better off with a tincture or using a vaporiser.

Doobie works fine.