Cell C - Cell **** rather!!!!!

JDNCNF

I AM AT MY WITS END :mad:

So let me start this story from the beginning!!! Once again.

Long long ago I trusted Cell C, I thought that their network was pretty decent and current I have two contracts with them. One voice contract and one data contract. Everything was running smoothly. When one contract came to an end I did not hesitate to upgrade the line. I was happy until..........:confused:
My AG Mobile style device was faulty and was not charging and decided to take the device in for repairs, before taking the device in I decided to use the cell c prepaid sim card that was been used in the phone, in my Samsung tab 3 device which I did not really use for a while. I was using the handset device as a home phone in order for me to contact my child when he returned home from school. When I inserted the sim card it was not reading the sim card, so I thought fine I will send both devices in for repairs at the same time. I know these things happen and manufacturer faults can be fixed. :whistling:
On the 19th of July I made my way to the cell c store, all was good and I was helped quickly and efficiently at the Cell C store in Northgate, I was advised that the turn around time for the repairs to be returned will be 21 working days. I was happy with the turnaround time and carried on as usual. :)
:erm: With time passing quicker than I can keep my trail of thought I realized on the 20th of July that 23 working days have passed and I did not hear a peep from Cell C. :confused: So I proceeded to call customer care and get an update on my repairs, I didn't get the memo that you had to run after cell c to find out what was happening when they did not deliver on their own SLA's. After the follow up I was advised that the handset was replaced and was ready for collection at the Cell C Northgate store. :) HAPPY DAYS. Then I queried the whereabouts of my Samsung Tab 3 device????? :wtf: I was advised that the device was BLACKLISTED by Vodacom and I have to phone them to have the blacklisting removed? :sick::confused: So I thought great this will be quick and easy. DAM I was so wrong. I spent two days in a screaming match with Vodacom demanding that they fix their error. :mad: I had no voice by the Friday because of the amount of Frustration that Vodacom caused. I am not a client of Vodacom, I have never been a client of Vodacom and I will never be a client of Vodacom. It is not worth the stress. I confess that I did try their network for a brief moment (prepaid) when I first got my Samsung tab 3 and quickly realized that the price they charge for data and calls was not worth it. :wtf: So I returned to using cell c prepaid in the Samsung tablet until I got the phone. When I got the AG Mobile device I removed the cell c sim card and placed it in the handset. Much easier to handle. We only really used the tablet over a Wi-Fi connection.
Since I am paying Cell C on a monthly basis for the tablet on my data contract, Cell C is my service provider and should fix this problem with Vodacom. Right???? Well I am completely wrong once again!!!!!!!! :mad:
I haven't just spoken to one person from Cell C, I have spoken to 5-6 different people all promising me that they will have this issue resolved, then telling me I must deal with Vodacom?
I was asking Nelly from Cell C today am I paying Vodacom or am I paying Cell C each month?? She could not answer my question. She didn't not want to agree that Cell C is my service provider and they should fix this problem. I was advised by Lerato in the repairs department that they will not release my device until the blacklisting has been removed?
So my questions are:
How did Cell C allow the device to get blacklisted by Vodacom?
Why must I sort out this issue when I am paying Cell C each month for the device and service????
Why was I not contacted by your repairs department when this issue was first picked up?

My Solution for Cell C:

So since all this frustration has begun I only have one solution because I feel like I am pushed into a corner and there is no solution offered from anyone.
I want a working device delivered to me by Friday, I am paying cell c for this device and I have never missed a payment. Loyalty clearly doesn't get you very far. If a working device is not delivered to me by Friday close of business I will be opening a case of theft against cell c. I have reported Vodacom to ICASA and I will be reporting Cell C in the same manner.

I have requested for senior management to contact me, Nelly told me my query was escalated to management so clearly my issue is of no concern. I have been signing the same tune about opening a case of theft against cell c and clearly no one takes this seriously or they just don't care. Once I open the case I will send the case documents to ICASA.

SO hopefully this post will get someone in Cell C managements attention and this issue gets resolved before Friday.

Thanks for pissing me off Cell C and killing my loyalty to your brand.

Regards

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi JDNCNF

Thank you for posting to us.

We are very aware of your query, and we will be calling you to assist further.

^BM

JDNCNF

So the count down for Cell C is still on! I expect a working device delivered to me by Friday. I will open a case of theft against Cell C. Stop phoning me with excuses, give me a solution. I am not providing any personal details to Vodacom to fix an error that was not caused by me.
I will give you a slight hint on how to sort this problem out! Check the number that the device was blacklisted against, phone Vodacom check if the number belongs to me, when they disagree you can then request for their error to be reversed. They have no right to my personal details! I do not have any agreements with them and I have never had an agreement with them.

JDNCNF

How do you get these networks to take you seriously?

No Response
- Not surprised :sick:

So to date I have not heard anything back from Cell C, my device was blacklisted by vodacom clearly in error. I advised Cell C that I will not provide any personal details to Vodacom for them to reverse their error. I have never been a client of vodacom. Cell C has made not attempt to assist to rectify this by getting into contact with Vodacom to reverse the blacklisting from the device. Cell C is refusing to return my device to me while the device is blacklisted. This is theft? I am paying Cell C on a monthly basis for the device that I do not have. Cell C should contact Vodacom check the number that the device was blacklisted under take note that the number is not on my name. I have never reported the device as lost or stolen. I was advised by Cell C the device was blacklisted due to bad debt with Vodacom? I don't know how this is possible since I have never been a client of vodacom. I am not signing or providing personal details to vodacom. Cell C is my service provide and should have this issue resolved. I have threatened to open a case of theft and report this incident to ICASA, clearly this is no threat to Cell C. I have asked Nelly from Cell C to escalate this issue to Management and request for them to get into contact with me, she has not bothered. I have advised that I dont see any reason to provide vodacom with my personal details when I am not a vodacom customer? I will not provide my details. I DID NOT REQUEST A BLACKLISTING and I EXPECT Cell C to sort this out. I want my device bac****!! It irritates me that I must run after Cell C begging them to assist me with getting this issue sorted out. I dont know how Cell C even allowed this to happen. I dont know why the repairs department did not advise on the blacklisting in June already when I sent the device in for repairs? The manager from the repairs department was suppose to call me back according to Lerato, this never happened so I take it that there is no manager in the repairs department? This is beyond FRUSTRATING. I have had enough. Please let me know how Mr. Jose dos Santos will feel having a case of theft opened against him as the CEO of Cell C. I would not know who else to open the case against, since he is the CEO of Cell C he should be held accountable for any wrong doing in the business. I want my device back and working by Friday, this time I am not going to just threaten and this is the third time that I am putting it in writing that I will open a case of theft against Cell C.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
You would open the case against Cell C as a corporate entity and you've threatened already and it seems to get you nowhere, so open the damn case already... don't give them deadlines, just do it.

What is the value of the phone out of interest? If its less than R15k, maybe institute Small Claims Court proceedings to the value of the phone.

Just give Vodacom your bloody details and let them un-blacklist it. Or stfu and go to a police station and see how far that gets you.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep

No Response
- Not surprised :sick:

So to date I have not heard anything back from Cell C, my device was blacklisted by vodacom clearly in error. I advised Cell C that I will not provide any personal details to Vodacom for them to reverse their error. I have never been a client of vodacom. Cell C has made not attempt to assist to rectify this by getting into contact with Vodacom to reverse the blacklisting from the device. Cell C is refusing to return my device to me while the device is blacklisted. This is theft? I am paying Cell C on a monthly basis for the device that I do not have. Cell C should contact Vodacom check the number that the device was blacklisted under take note that the number is not on my name. I have never reported the device as lost or stolen. I was advised by Cell C the device was blacklisted due to bad debt with Vodacom? I don't know how this is possible since I have never been a client of vodacom. I am not signing or providing personal details to vodacom. Cell C is my service provide and should have this issue resolved. I have threatened to open a case of theft and report this incident to ICASA, clearly this is no threat to Cell C. I have asked Nelly from Cell C to escalate this issue to Management and request for them to get into contact with me, she has not bothered. I have advised that I dont see any reason to provide vodacom with my personal details when I am not a vodacom customer? I will not provide my details. I DID NOT REQUEST A BLACKLISTING and I EXPECT Cell C to sort this out. I want my device bac****!! It irritates me that I must run after Cell C begging them to assist me with getting this issue sorted out. I dont know how Cell C even allowed this to happen. I dont know why the repairs department did not advise on the blacklisting in June already when I sent the device in for repairs? The manager from the repairs department was suppose to call me back according to Lerato, this never happened so I take it that there is no manager in the repairs department? This is beyond FRUSTRATING. I have had enough. Please let me know how Mr. Jose dos Santos will feel having a case of theft opened against him as the CEO of Cell C. I would not know who else to open the case against, since he is the CEO of Cell C he should be held accountable for any wrong doing in the business. I want my device back and working by Friday, this time I am not going to just threaten and this is the third time that I am putting it in writing that I will open a case of theft against Cell C.
From the onset we have displayed our willingness to assist you by contacting Vodacom on your behalf. We value you as a customer. Having said that, it is important to note that Cell C didn't give Vodacom permission or authorization to blacklist your handset. Vodacom are willing to unblacklist your handset provided they get an unblacklisting form from you.

From our end we are unable to unblacklist the handset as it was blacklisted by Vodacom.

Nelly contacted you earlier today and your matter has also been escalated to our management and we will ensure that you are contacted.

^TM

Napalm

Expert Member
hmm. makes one think.. if I should deal with CellC at all. (and I was looking at their Higher Data packages. Cause i'm in a LTE Advanced area for Cellc)

Zoopy

Banned
From the onset we have displayed our willingness to assist you by contacting Vodacom on your behalf. We value you as a customer. Having said that, it is important to note that Cell C didn't give Vodacom permission or authorization to blacklist your handset. Vodacom are willing to unblacklist your handset provided they get an unblacklisting form from you.

From our end we are unable to unblacklist the handset as it was blacklisted by Vodacom.

Nelly contacted you earlier today and your matter has also been escalated to our management and we will ensure that you are contacted.

^TM
This begs the question of how this device was erroneously blacklisted in the first place. Is this how easy it is to blacklist devices in the country and if done erroneously the customer is simply left up **** creek?