Cell C Speed Test Results

GGG

Hi, spent the Day in PE bought the new high speed modem package at R2999. " consultant" swears it is 4G network!!
sitting in Spur in Green acres shopping center, I can see the door of the Cell C store that i bought 21.1 modem from, BUT......i have the green light flickering, connection says EDGE- CELL C---- I am pissed.

Went back to store, in store I get the full Monty, but go out 15 meters from the store door and i revert to EDGE.

was in Durban over weekend, got full 3G+.

marlboro

So, has anyone managed so far to get anything close to 21Mbps even just for short period?

guy3g

CellC HSPA+ Speed Test Latest

Durban

Graboid min 400kBs Max 1289kBs

TheVileOne

Yo peeps,

I am curios ... why are all these speed tests done to Local servers ???

Can someone please upload a speed test from Europe ie. France 0r Britain...

Local speed tests only show the routing speed locally ... Most of us use the internet for International purposes....

PLEASE upload speed tests for international servers ..

Vrede,
Vile

guy3g

Three Speed Test In JHB

I don't see HSPA+ only HSDPA right now.

Two Local tests

Two International Tests

TheVileOne

I don't see HSPA+ only HSDPA right now.

Two Local tests

Two International Tests

Thanks for the test.... This has convinced me not to buy it as the International speeds are all the same... Nice marketing from CellC ....

SA needs descent International bandwidth!!!

J0n0

Expert Member
Thanks for the test.... This has convinced me not to buy it as the International speeds are all the same... Nice marketing from CellC ....

SA needs descent International bandwidth!!!
Those are the same speeds im getting on my Vodacom connection, but at much better pricing.

guy3g

Those are the same speeds im getting on my Vodacom connection, but at much better pricing.
Do you get as big a difference between Local and international as the cell c one.