Cell C terminating fixed-LTE

cavedog

Honorary Master
100 and 200 GB packages will end 31Oct'19.
The other lower packages will end 31Dec'19.
Not according to Afrihost. They don't resell IS cellc fixed lte and have an agreement directly with Cellc. We are waiting for feedback from them.

Swa

Honorary Master
Hope they launch better products than their current ones.

MavChat

Not according to Afrihost. They don't resell IS cellc fixed lte and have an agreement directly with Cellc. We are waiting for feedback from them.
Afrihost has removed the Cell C option from their website, they only have Telkom LTE availbale now.

I am sure once there is an official plan in place for current clients on Cell C they will be in contact with them.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Can confirm the 100GB and 200GB packages are gone effective 31 Oct 2019.

No worries though, FIBRE will be installed in my area within the next 2months...

/S

Stuey74

Just went to my Axxess dashboard to see if they had any info around this - nothing at all, still offering Fixed LTE from Cell C. Interesting thing is though, I cant cancel my LTE from them, maybe they are not letting on and are trying to hang on to customers until the end.

DarkDragon

Phoned axxess yesterday and they are aware of this and at moment it's business as usual.

Right after I called them I received this email.

m0zy

Expert Member
Just went to my Axxess dashboard to see if they had any info around this - nothing at all, still offering Fixed LTE from Cell C. Interesting thing is though, I cant cancel my LTE from them, maybe they are not letting on and are trying to hang on to customers until the end.
When last have you checked your emails? I got this last night via email from Axxess:

Hi xxxxxxxxxx,

You might have heard the news that Cell C is terminating their Fixed LTE services.

We can confirm that the rumours are in fact true, and that Axxess have received a formal notice that Cell C will be terminating all Fixed LTE services in the near future.

What will happen to clients with Cell C Fixed LTE services?
Rest assured that your service will still work as per normal over the next couple of months and that Axxess will continue to support all of our existing Cell C Fixed LTE clients. We are in talks with Cell C to try and extend our working relationship with them, so that your service can continue as usual. If we don't come to an agreement, don't worry - we'll have some New Fixed LTE services for you very soon!

Either way, you don't have to do anything right now. Just enjoy using your service.

You can even consider Axxess Fibre - it's by far the best way to connect to the Internet.

Not sure if Fibre is available in your area yet?
Click here to check our daily updated Fibre Coverage Map.

Our NEW Uncapped Fibre services are now Unshaped and Unthrottled without any Thresholds. Offering you ultra-fast, undiluted Fibre Internet - as it's meant to be. Starting from as low as R399 per month.

This incredible promotion also includes Free installation, a Free Fibre Router, Free delivery and up to 2 months Free service - valued up to R5000*

Lastly, please make sure you have updated your delivery address via your Client Control Panel - just in case we need to send you something.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your continued support.

Yours Sincerely,
Team Axxess

Stuey74

When last have you checked your emails? I got this last night via email from Axxess:

Hi xxxxxxxxxx,

You might have heard the news that Cell C is terminating their Fixed LTE services.

We can confirm that the rumours are in fact true, and that Axxess have received a formal notice that Cell C will be terminating all Fixed LTE services in the near future.

What will happen to clients with Cell C Fixed LTE services?
Rest assured that your service will still work as per normal over the next couple of months and that Axxess will continue to support all of our existing Cell C Fixed LTE clients. We are in talks with Cell C to try and extend our working relationship with them, so that your service can continue as usual. If we don't come to an agreement, don't worry - we'll have some New Fixed LTE services for you very soon!

Either way, you don't have to do anything right now. Just enjoy using your service.

You can even consider Axxess Fibre - it's by far the best way to connect to the Internet.

Not sure if Fibre is available in your area yet?
Click here to check our daily updated Fibre Coverage Map.

Our NEW Uncapped Fibre services are now Unshaped and Unthrottled without any Thresholds. Offering you ultra-fast, undiluted Fibre Internet - as it's meant to be. Starting from as low as R399 per month.

This incredible promotion also includes Free installation, a Free Fibre Router, Free delivery and up to 2 months Free service - valued up to R5000*

Lastly, please make sure you have updated your delivery address via your Client Control Panel - just in case we need to send you something.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your continued support.

Yours Sincerely,
Team Axxess
I got the mail, what I am querying is that they still offer it (as opposed to parent company Afrihost who have discontinued it). And if Cell C are terminating all fixed LTE services as they state, how can Axxess continue to sell it? And you cannot cancel your existing service? I want to cancel ASAP, not when it is convenient for them to stop taking my money. I only use it for fail-over.