Cell C's biggest successes in 2018

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Cell C's biggest successes in 2018

Cell C has had a successful 2018, achieving many important successes despite the difficult economic period South Africa is facing.

Cell C won the Best Overall Telecommunications Industry award at the Ask Afrika Orange Index awards, which the company said is "a true reflection of our service excellence and what we stand for as a brand".

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Fake awards...
Reminds me of the fake one iBurst got back in the day in the middle of their biggest billing toss-up ever.

Reactions: Azg

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
It's so crucial to all of to have true competition in the mobile space - ideally 4 vibrant players - to keep the industry honest. Innovation needs to be stimulated, and pricing kept under pressure. Good service is definitely - I'm not sure if any of our local players are there yet with that though.

Azg

Expert Member
It would be interesting to see what criteria Ask Afrika Orange Index used to rank Cell C ahead of all the other networks. Most of the time you feel like throwing the Cell C (Afrihost) router against a wall.

sajunky

Honorary Master
It is unusual for MyBB news staff to recognise Cell C achievements. It was declared already dead in many official articles. .LOL.

So the biggest Cell C achievement in 2018 is that they do exist.
And don't forget, Cell C is the only network with working WiFi Calling!

Gray2210

Fake awards...
Reminds me of the fake one iBurst got back in the day in the middle of their biggest billing toss-up ever.
Suddenly I recall the great billing toss-up of 2010/11. iBurst a few brain cells getting them to fix my account over 9 months - definitely was a "mother" of a problem. Used them for almost 8 years without any major quality issues to report though. It's just weird to think that just over 4 years ago the whole house ran on 1Mbps capped at 10Gb day and free 10Gb night with a 5:1 night:day contention ratio which meant watching 5Gb at night pulled 1Gb off the day cap. There were constant arguments when the throttle kicked in, which drew closer to the beginning of each month as VOD sites became increasingly popular with the kids. Luckily FHD streaming only became seriously popular here in 2015 or that would have been a real toss-up between selling my house or my car to afford it.