CellC nightmare

RickMaver47

So this is ongoing, I'll update as it goes along.

Over a month ago I applied for an additional contract over the phone. The contract was approved and I was told my phone would be shipped to me. I was also told I would receive a sms with the courier (tracking?) details.
Two weeks go by, nothing happens. No phonecalls, no sms.

I call CellC to be told the phone is with the couriers (CourierIT), I should be receiving a call from them soon to arrange for delivery.
A few days pass, nothing. No phonecalls, no sms.

I decide to call CourierIT, to try and see if I can track my phone myself, albeit without any tracking number or reference number, since I never received any.
Obviously they cannot help me as they need a tracking number.
A few hours later, I receive a call from CourierIT, asking me if I have received my phone. I'm thinking here, shouldn't the courier know if they delivered a phone to a customer or not?
I tell the guy, no, I haven't received my phone.

A few days later, I receive a call again from the courier, asking me if I've received my phone. Again, no I haven't.

Turns out, CourierIT have lost the phone. Or it was stolen. I don't really know, but I have my suspicions. (Later I found out quite a few phones were "lost".)

After apparent investigations by CourierIT, they tell me to restart the process with CellC, in order for CellC to send me a new phone. This I do.

Another week goes by, nothing happens, except for a sms I receive stating that my re-application was declined due to me not meeting CellC credit criteria. This after it was previously approved.

This is where I decide to go to the store in Tyger Valley, to speak to someone face-to-face, as I'm tired of waiting on the phone for anywhere between 20mins and 45mins for someone to answer every time I call CellC customer care.

At CellC Tyger Valley, one of the sales people then reapplies for the contract at the shop, telling me not to do it online or over the phone. She promises to call me back before close of business that day, nothing happens. No phonecalls, no sms.

I call back just before they close, get told she's left and no one else can help me, I must call back on Monday.

Monday, I go back to the store. Speak to another sales person. Get told she can't see how far the process has gone, so I would need to reapply, again, for the 3rd time.

So now I wait. To see if I hear anything from anyone.

Over a month later, 3 applications sent in. Various people spoken to over the phone and face-to-face. I have no idea where I am at with CellC. I am actually at wits' end.

Would love to see where this forum post takes me....

RickMaver47

Tried Telkom before CellC, they refuse to give me anything since I refused to pay a bill that I don't owe them.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi RickMaver47

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please PM us your contact number and ID number for further assistance.

^MM

RickMaver47

So update time:

I get a call from CellC, telling me that between the time I originally applied the first time, and it was approved (when the phone was "lost" by the couriers) and the time I had to reapply (due to the phone being "lost" by the couriers), my credit rating had changed and therefore I cannot get an additional contract anymore.

I told the lady that I had applied for a 3rd time within the store now, so I am awaiting feedback from them.

I got a call now from the store. CellC told the sales person they cannot see the original application on the system (the one where the phone was shipped and "lost" by the courier), they can only see the second application that was declined. I now have to prove to them I was approved the first time.

Craig

Honorary Master
So update time:

I get a call from CellC, telling me that between the time I originally applied the first time, and it was approved (when the phone was "lost" by the couriers) and the time I had to reapply (due to the phone being "lost" by the couriers), my credit rating had changed and therefore I cannot get an additional contract anymore.

I told the lady that I had applied for a 3rd time within the store now, so I am awaiting feedback from them.

I got a call now from the store. CellC told the sales person they cannot see the original application on the system (the one where the phone was shipped and "lost" by the courier), they can only see the second application that was declined. I now have to prove to them I was approved the first time.
What a fck up. At this stage I would tell them to shove the phone. Go to telkom or buy cash.