Cheetahs Supporters Thread

APoc184

Honorary Master
Seeing that there is a thread for the Sharks and The Bulls I thought it fitting that I open a thread for myself:p and any other Cheetah supporters out there.

Last 10 years or so have been good for the Cheetahs on domestic front. Not so much in the Super 14.

I'll start the Thread by cheering my team on for the Saturday's final at Loftus.

GO CHEETAHS.....!!!!!!

Gothan

Expert Member
Well I wish you guys all the best for tomorrow, you have yourself a kick @ss team there. But we are definitely not going to make it easy for you guys

APoc184

Honorary Master
And that's the way we want it.

Hard, tough and nail-biting final FTW!

If The Bulls cannot keep Brussow intact they will have to scramble on defense. They will definitely throw it wide to Mapoe, Daniller and even Johnson(always standing out wide) when it gets turned over.

hashbrown99

Expert Member
Seeing that there is a thread for the Sharks and The Bulls I thought it fitting that I open a thread for myself:p and any other Cheetah supporters out there.

Last 10 years or so have been good for the Cheetahs on domestic front. Not so much in the Super 14.

I'll start the Thread by cheering my team on for the Saturday's final at Loftus.

GO CHEETAHS.....!!!!!!

+1. Really don't see why the Bulls should win everything;)

D3x

Expert Member
Yeah, good luck for tomorrow man. We both going to need it. The 2 strongest teams in SA playing each other.

Looking forward to a physical, running rugby game.

Jabberwocky

Expert Member
Ever saw the movie "the cooler" with William H Macy? I`m like that. Every time I watch, the Cheetahs lose. I`ll unfortunately be watching tomorow :(

APoc184

Honorary Master
I'm am very proud of the "youngsters" at the Cheetahs. Mapoe, Johnson, WP Nel, Shrek and the Ebersohn twins are getting me very excited for the future of Cheetah rugby.
We just need a decent fly-half now that Pottie is going back to The Bulls.

Rumor has it that they are in the process of signing an experienced player that has previously played for them. I have no clue who it could be. Might be Gaffie or maybe Willem.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Don't get ahead of yourself now Apoc84 ....... they still suck the worst ass in the Super14 and will probably continue doing so (for some strange reason).

APoc184

Honorary Master
Don't get ahead of yourself now Apoc84 ....... they still suck the worst ass in the Super14 and will probably continue doing so (for some strange reason).

I didn't say anything about S14. I know we suck at S14

But it won't stop me being optimistic about our young players.

I will post my views on our chances for the Super 14 bit later. Just need to finish this month end.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
I didn't say anything about S14. I know we suck at S14

But it won't stop me being optimistic about our young players.

I will post my views on our chances for the Super 14 bit later.
Just need to finish this month end.

Looking forward to this post, but should you not be looking to put your thoughts together say a month before when we have all had a chance to see if any new signings have come through, retained old player base, hire any new coaching staff, jacked up the pub, new moves for the cheerleaders, etc, etc. You get my drift. ;)

And I am chuffed to see this thread launched.

It is my greatest hope (rugby wise) to see at 3 or 4 SA sides fighting it out in the top 6 spots of the 2010 S14 log.

So go Cheetahs! :)

APoc184

Honorary Master

Nah. I will never join such a group.

The Bulls have done so much for South African rugby. Both on the international(Super14) and domestic(Currie Cup) stage. Without the Bulls our rugby would not be what it is right now. They brought another dimension of competition to our game. Cheetahs so far have gone to almost the same level on domestic level with a fraction of the Bulls' budget.

Last edited:

APoc184

Honorary Master
Looking forward to this post, but should you not be looking to put your thoughts together say a month before when we have all had a chance to see if any new signings have come through, retained old player base, hire any new coaching staff, jacked up the pub, new moves for the cheerleaders, etc, etc. You get my drift. ;)

And I am chuffed to see this thread launched.

It is my greatest hope (rugby wise) to see at 3 or 4 SA sides fighting it out in the top 6 spots of the 2010 S14 log.

So go Cheetahs! :)

New signings/transfers are the only reasons I have not posted my take on our Super 14 chances yet.

Vibes are getting very strong now that Brussow will be moving to the Sharks next year. Although he is contracted until the end of 2010 at the Cheetahs it is rumored that the Sharks are willing to pay the Cheetahs as much as R2 million to get him out of it.

It is actually so sad to see him being poached from the union that made him what he is today. Another twist to the saga is that the Cheetahs will agree to the transfer if they can get Monty Dumont. I call BS on this one.