Citi Golf 'pimping' !

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
:D

So now that my CitiGolf has some neat sound,

I want to 'pimp' it out a bit.

First I was thinking some new lights for it, what would you guys recommend?

Dunno if anyone on here is into that kind of stuff...

Novoca1ne

Don't waste your money on "pimping" a car. Sound is enough. That's is throwing money down the drain(unless you won the lotto). Rather put that extra cash in the bank and save up over time for a better car.

I am saying this because when you see a Polo drive by or something you're going to say "WOW! IMAGINE THAT CAR WITH IMBA SOUND!"

Just my 2cents. Be wise. Don't try to show off. If you do, enjoy driving a Citi till your 35.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
AH no fun :(

I'm not wanting to spend lots on it... Just maybe some lights that are bright and pretty.

rorz0r

Executive Member
LED daytime running lights, can make cool patterns with them. Cut out a hole in the side panels by the engine and put "M3" style air vents. Put a ferrari badge on there too. Oh and 20k rims are a must. Also take out one of your lights and put an air intake there. Get a BIG exhaust. Drill some holes in your backbox for that nice aston martin sound. OR drive it off a cliff and get a real car.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
LED daytime running lights, can make cool patterns with them. Cut out a hole in the side panels by the engine and put "M3" style air vents. Put a ferrari badge on there too. Oh and 20k rims are a must. Also take out one of your lights and put an air intake there. Get a BIG exhaust. Drill some holes in your backbox for that nice aston martin sound. OR drive it off a cliff and get a real car.

That all sounds awful.

dj_jyno

Expert Member
:D

So now that my CitiGolf has some neat sound,

I want to 'pimp' it out a bit.

First I was thinking some new lights for it, what would you guys recommend?

Dunno if anyone on here is into that kind of stuff...
Pooky, what condition are the current lights in? If they're still good, just replace the bulbs with Osram Cool Blue or Nightbreaker H4. Do not change the headlights to crystal, smoked or any of those weird types. The only lenses that really work are the original Hella ones. Remember to have them aimed once you've replaced them.

Also replace the park lights with Cool Blue (3893CB). At the rear you could try the Life tinted lenses (might still be available from VW). Try to get Hella and Osram parts as far as possible - they really do last longer.

Hope that's what you meant by lights :) Feel free to PM me if you want to kick some additional ideas around.

OR drive it off a cliff and get a real car.
Ha ha ha. Funny guy :rolleyes:

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
Pooky, what condition are the current lights in? If they're still good, just replace the bulbs with Osram Cool Blue or Nightbreaker H4. Do not change the headlights to crystal, smoked or any of those weird types. The only lenses that really work are the original Hella ones. Remember to have them aimed once you've replaced them.

Also replace the park lights with Cool Blue (3893CB). At the rear you could try the Life tinted lenses (might still be available from VW). Try to get Hella and Osram parts as far as possible - they really do last longer.

Hope that's what you meant by lights :) Feel free to PM me if you want to kick some additional ideas around.

Thanks for the reply. The lights are original and still in good condition. I think that is a good idea. Can I replace the bulbs myself and which ones would you recommend as I don't really know what any of them look like? Are they like the Xenon ones or something?

And park lights? Where are those?

Also should I replace both the headlights and the brights with those blue ones?

EDIT: Oh and I see on Autostyle's website there are a whole bunch of different H's like H4 H7, what's the difference?

Last edited:

reedOsama

Pooky from Durban... lol

Get a badge-less grill its pretty full proof in terms of before<after

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
Do a cool vinyl, all so makes it much less likely to be stolen

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
You want to pimp a shyttigolf?...

Thats easy... send it to the scrap yard, its the only place shyttigolfs belong.

Alan

Honorary Master
So you want to advertise the fact you drive around in a shyttigolf :eek:

God that's all we need. Another numbnuts in a **** "pimped out" car blasting everybody with bass.

Seriously you're impressing nobody.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
Hey go away meanies. I didn't ask for your insults. Leave me to do what I want with my car, it doesn't affect you.

blaaislaai

Executive Member
Hey go away meanies. I didn't ask for your insults. Leave me to do what I want with my car, it doesn't affect you.

Best place is to ask a car forum, like speed n sound. or vw club of SA.

There are alot of haters here

ToxicBunny

No, there aren't any haters...

There are just intelligent people who don't see the point in wasting money on a 30+ year old design that should be illegal on our roads... bloody death trap that that thing is.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
Best place is to ask a car forum, like speed n sound. or vw club of SA.

There are alot of haters here

Yeah I saw. :( I asked on speednsound but there aren't that many people.

No, there aren't any haters...

There are just intelligent people who don't see the point in wasting money on a 30+ year old design that should be illegal on our roads... bloody death trap that that thing is.

I bought my car for R10 000, in really good condition, I really don't see that as a waste of money.
And it's not a death trap if you can drive properly.

ToxicBunny

Its a death trap... its irrelevant as to whether YOU drive properly.. you cannot count on the other morons on the road to drive properly and when one of them hits you because he was driving like a moron, you'll understand my statement.

Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong Pooky, you're under 20 aren't you?... you have another 8 or 9 years of driving before you can drive "properly"

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
Its a death trap... its irrelevant as to whether YOU drive properly.. you cannot count on the other morons on the road to drive properly and when one of them hits you because he was driving like a moron, you'll understand my statement.

Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong Pooky, you're under 20 aren't you?... you have another 8 or 9 years of driving before you can drive "properly"

k

Alan

Honorary Master

It does actually. Or do you think your bass just reverberates around the confines of your car? Everytime you blast your "neat sound" we the public have to listen to that ****.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
It does actually. Or do you think your bass just reverberates around the confines of your car? Everytime you blast your "neat sound" we the public have to listen to that ****.

I have got out of my car and listened and the only place you can hear the bass is inside the car. I don't pump bass through the streets.

Alan

Honorary Master
Good keep it that way, be considerate of others. You can do what you like to the car just don't blast us with bass.