COD4 High Pings on Afrihost 4mb Uncapped

Chiller89

Hi

Just switched to afrihost 4mb uncapped. Ran with 19ms ping on Wage servers for the first few days.
A few weeks ago switched to is. server and now my ping seems to stick at 200 + - on all SA. Servers. Im an avid gamer and need help ASAP.

Thanks

ps. Couldn't find thread relating so sorry if there is one already.

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
if you on afrihost, you probably being shaped, as with all cheap uncapped products

Chiller89

Not being shaped, made sure of this. I can still download at 3.4mb/s, just the ping that seems to be affected.

Dean

Expert Member
Probably because Wage (and many other SA servers) are on SAIX, as opposed to IS - hence higher latency now that you aren't connecting from within the SAIX network.

Not sure, but could be the case.

Chiller89

If this is the case, is there any way to fix the problem, i.e change back to the SAIX server??
Thanks

Draconia2

Expert Member
maybe theres a slight internal problem with saix ? becuase when i connect with unshaped axxess light, i get 130-160 ping . when i connect via webafrica local only 1 gig i get normal 80 ping. :confused:

Draconia2

Expert Member
ya easy proof . happens after few minutes randomly it goes higher ! At first i thought it was a stupid line problem until i changed my account, ill take some screenies some time and post it for you. i wont give a time otherwise they might fix it that given time and it will look normal "temporarily" lol. You never know who might be trollin;)

Chiller89

Thanks for all the replies, but I just registered with Mweb. Hopefully all my problems will be sorted out :)
Thanks

Draconia2

Expert Member
lol np . i hope they give you good enough latency !! see you online man

Brawler

Honorary Master
There are 100's of people with latency issues over the last few weeks. Especially in CPT but have heard of a few people in JHB to.

Suburb?