Container Truck accident, N1 CT

pete

Expert Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
4
Location
Vredenburg
Does anybody know what happened to the person/people in the car that got flattened by a container truck on the N1 incoming into Cape Town this morning?
 
CT: Overturned truck on the N1, N1 closed

I see the N1 was closed this morning due to an overturned truck. I hear it is still absolute chaos.

Any of you guys working in CT made it to work yet? Can't have been fun
 
Latest I've heard is two women are confirmed dead. Traffic authorities say will take another 2 hours to clear, so should be clear by 1pm
 
Last edited:
Had a friend who got stuck on there right before the accident, left at 5:30 (from Paarl, which is about 40-50km away) and got to work at about 9:30
 
I just came back from sitting in the traffic, gave up and came back to the office... was stuck in traffic from 10pm till now and only managed to do 5km....

According to the radio, two woman were killed by the truck flattening their car, it was carrying a container full of wine....
 
Yep N1 still closed off from N7 interchange, all traffic still being diverted towards Montagu Garden/Bosmansdam road and towards Voortrekker RD.
 
*sigh*

Moment of silence for the 2 ladies eh... who knows, maybe I know someone who knows them or maybe someone YOU know knows them... it's a loss to their families and such.
 
yeah... its really unfortunate... driver was probably taking the turn WAY too fast. hopefully the ladies didn't have to endure much...

I was on the N1 this morning, and it took me two hours to get to work in maitland from edgemead.
 
If someone did that to members of my family, i'd have to shoot him...

Poor family :(

I'd love to have more information on the trucking company so that I can harras them too for employing bad drivers.
 
Yep, saw the car on the news, they had no chance.

Pregnant woman and the pregnant womans mother.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X