johncgalloway

Hi

I might be starting a bit of a s*storm with this, but I'd like some input from the more informed community.

I am (for the first time in my life) considering buying a console.

So which one?

Playstation or Xbox. (Whichever is the latest available in ZA)

I do have a windows PC at home, and an Apple TV. I've got a Raspberry Pi, and I've seen that you can
apparently convert it into a PC to TV Streaming box... but,

your input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

: )

BaronBuffoon

Executive Member
Hi

I might be starting a bit of a s*storm with this, but I'd like some input from the more informed community.

So which one?

I do have a windows PC at home, and an Apple TV. I've got a Raspberry Pi, and I've seen that you can

Thanks.

Hi.

I have been contemplating this very thing for months.

What games in particular would you like to play?

If I were buying an XBox One or PS4, I would look at what exclusive titles each machine has, and decide what games I would most like to play. I would also compare XBox Live Gold to PSN Plus, looking at the cost of subscription and consider how I might benefit from such a service. Being me, I would also investigate the price of second-hand games, and certainly consider buying a second-hand console via another website whose name begins with a C.

If you are on friendly terms with people who own either or both consoles, perhaps you could ask to visit them so that you could try out the machines to get an idea of which one you like more.

XBox One exclusives

PS4 Exclusives

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Cicero

Expert Member
Get what the majority of your friends have, end of story.

For what its worth, I have an xbox one and its awesome.

twaatie

Hi

So which one?

Thanks.

Gamescon just announced a new version of the Xbox and I think the Ps4 as well. I play on PC now, so not so up to date on console related news

Have a look at www.sagamer.co.za 95% of the guys are on console, so you can get much better info on that forum

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Get the PS4 Pro. My step-bro has one and it's awesome. Nice user interface and epic exclusive games like Uncharted and Horizon. And many more to come, incl. the God of War and Spider-man games.

I have the Xbox One S, bought primarily for playing Blu-rays as it's the best value player on the market. Well the user interface is one of the worst I've ever encountered for anything, and the platform basically has no exclusive games. The few it does are available on PC, so what's the point. It's not even good as a media player (beyond Blu-rays), as the quality of apps is appalling.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I bought a PS4 Pro recently. Bought it because it currently has the exclusive games I wanted to play (Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted 4).

Kerrits

Exclusives exclusives exclusives.

Xbox has a couple of console exclusives, but MS is releasing everything (or almost) all of the xbox exclusives on PC as well.
That made the choice pretty easy for me.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
get both lol. i got xbox one and ps4

Why the lol? If the guy could easily afford both consoles this thread wouldn't exist.

I can afford both consoles and don't have them. I used that disposable income on my PC rather, which to me represents infinitely more value.

And what's the point in dropping thousands on an Xbox One if you probably won't use it and need to pay a grand for online functionality if you do want to? Committing to one console is a much more cost effective strategy.

Liebherr

Get what the majority of your friends have, end of story.

PS4!. I have 3 buddies with PS4 so it was the logical thing to buy (GTA V is sure fun on PS+) Also I liked the exclusives and absolutely love God of War (Own all the GOW games-even the remastered versions from previous generation PS)

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
My PS4 Pro is fscking awesome!

Just waiting for delivery of the best exclusive ever! Nier: Automata