Cool ideas arrogance

kitkat+

Hey Guys

Becareful when taking up Cool Ideas. They are an arrogant bunch who promise to call you back but never do.
So far we have dealt with :

Alex
Basetsana
Damian
Ithumeleng

and 2 other operators we did not get the name from them. Damian promised to take ownership of the query but he never bothers to reply to emails. Another operator in the connectivity dept cuts off the call when she realizes who you are.

So in short rather deal with a company that keeps you updated even though they take longer to sort out the problem than a company that ignores you, that is pure arrogance.

BTW# The issue is damaged fibre waiting to be repaired.

Kitty.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Hey Guys

Becareful when taking up Cool Ideas. They are an arrogant bunch who promise to call you back but never do.
So far we have dealt with :

Alex
Basetsana
Damian
Ithumeleng

and 2 other operators we did not get the name from them. Damian promised to take ownership of the query but he never bothers to reply to emails. Another operator in the connectivity dept cuts off the call when she realizes who you are.

So in short rather deal with a company that keeps you updated even though they take longer to sort out the problem than a company that ignores you, that is pure arrogance.

BTW# The issue is damaged fibre waiting to be repaired.

Kitty.
Which Fibre ISP?

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Never had an issue with them. And if I felt support was dragging their feet, I've always had joy with PBCool.

You sure your approach wasn't a bit too aggressive?

kitkat+

Openserve is the problem. If you read in the Cool Ideas Feedback Thread, you will see that they battle with Openserve
That is possible, but your professionalism as a company is to keep the client informed, to return the call if you promise to do so, to reply to an email if the client asks for feedback and most important don't put the phone down when you know who is on the other side.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
That is possible, but your professionalism as a company is to keep the client informed, to return the call if you promise to do so, to reply to an email if the client asks for feedback and most important don't put the phone down when you know who is on the other side.
Odd, because even though I've had issues (which granted its taken me and my own effort to solve), I've had no issues with their service. I open ticket, someone usually attends to it during the same day.

Wasabee!

Expert Member
If you are ever really busy and get three clients calling in at the same time, you can tell two of them that you are transferring them to a manager and put them in a conference call with each other and then deal with the third call. By the time the third call is done, you tell the other two callers that there was a cross between the lines and then you keep on helping them.

Another game you can play is telephone tennis where you transfer callers to people until the call gets dropped. The person who drops the call loses the point. This can be played with two players or doubles (four people).

Then there is escalator, where you tell the caller that each person you are transferring them to is a higher level escalation than you. You need to not laugh and be realistic with your titles. A tip to being good with this game is just say you are the assistant of the next person you are transferring to eg. Assistant operations manager, assistant branch manager.

There is also broken telephone where you pretend the line breaks up but you have to make the noises of the static on the line. This requires your colleagues to not laugh as then it gives it away.

kitkat+

If you are ever really busy and get three clients calling in at the same time, you can tell two of them that you are transferring them to a manager and put them in a conference call with each other and then deal with the third call. By the time the third call is done, you tell the other two callers that there was a cross between the lines and then you keep on helping them.

Another game you can play is telephone tennis where you transfer callers to people until the call gets dropped. The person who drops the call loses the point. This can be played with two players or doubles (four people).

Then there is escalator, where you tell the caller that each person you are transferring them to is a higher level escalation than you. You need to not laugh and be realistic with your titles. A tip to being good with this game is just say you are the assistant of the next person you are transferring to eg. Assistant operations manager, assistant branch manager.

There is also broken telephone where you pretend the line breaks up but you have to make the noises of the static on the line. This requires your colleagues to not laugh as then it gives it away.
Have you ever worked at Coolideas ?

Wasabee!

Expert Member
Have you ever worked at Coolideas ?
No I haven't.

Btw I notice that some companies are good on Facebook but poor on telephone, or good on email but poor on telephone. So I'd recommend spamming any contact method as they might be bad on telephone but really good on Facebook or email or website support for example.

kitkat+

Anyone here stills says Coolideas are tops ?
Ticket reference : COOL-20181212-188902 still not sorted. Fibre has been down since 12 December and no feedback as to what is happening.

surface

Executive Member
Anyone here stills says Coolideas are tops ?
Ticket reference : COOL-20181212-188902 still not sorted. Fibre has been down since 12 December and no feedback as to what is happening.
Who is the fibre provider?

surface

Executive Member
Openserve, but that is not the main issue, even if the issue is outside your control, communication is important.
A month+ delay is quite serious. I am surprised at this. Try the main CISP thread. It will be difficult for any company rep to respond to each and every thread. And consider human nature as well - you are not likely to go anywhere quickly if you brand a company arrogant. Company reps will generally be mature enough to handle any language and not let it affect the resolution of course.

Last edited:

kitkat+

A month+ delay is quite serious. I am surprised at this. Try the main CISP thread. It will be difficult for any company rep to respond to each and every thread. And consider human nature as well - you are not likely to go anywhere quickly if you brand a company arrogant. Company reps will generally be mature enough to handle any language and not let it affect the resolution of course.

A google review by Dave Manchinnga sums up what is is like dealing with Coolideas

If you value your sanity and mental health,, never ever go with this company, Utter nonsense