Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

PBCool

Cool Ideas
@PBCool @TheRoDent are your PPPoE sessions on Frogfoot speed limited?
I've seen a few people in my area seeing their doubled speeds already on other ISPs, but I'm still getting 200mbps - just wondering if it also entails a change on your side, instead of relying on the linespeed set by the FNO.
Yes they are, changes will be effective 1st April.

midasza

If I remember correctly 200/200 customers have to opt in and then it will go to 1000/100 so it might be a downgrade depending on what u are doing. Like I am on 200/200 but I am VPN'ing all over the place so upload is more important to me than more download

PBCool

Cool Ideas
If I remember correctly 200/200 customers have to opt in and then it will go to 1000/100 so it might be a downgrade depending on what u are doing. Like I am on 200/200 but I am VPN'ing all over the place so upload is more important to me than more download
Only on Vumatel :)

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
@PBCool @TheRoDent are your PPPoE sessions on Frogfoot speed limited?
I've seen a few people in my area seeing their doubled speeds already on other ISPs, but I'm still getting 200mbps - just wondering if it also entails a change on your side, instead of relying on the linespeed set by the FNO.
Well, you shouldn't be seeing people in your area, it's the law ;)

For frogfoot, here is the fine print: https://www.cisp.co.za/promotions/frogfoot-double-promotion/

If I remember correctly 200/200 customers have to opt in
For Vumatel the 200/200 is not being changed, the fine print is here: https://www.cisp.co.za/promotions/vumatel-double-promotion/

kripstoe

Expert Member
Not sure then, could be the blend of accelerated traffic vs non with WACs being down, but default outbound should be accelerated. Are you having an issue with a service in particular when uploading?
Not really uploading. We do quite a few things in Azure (EU North) and noticed it's quite a bit slower, so I ran some speedtests as a start.

dasco144

I'm having quite a few issues with connecting to my works VPN since this morning. Can anyone here assist?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Not really uploading. We do quite a few things in Azure (EU North) and noticed it's quite a bit slower, so I ran some speedtests as a start.
Microsoft does the transit from JHB to the rest of the world, with WACS being down and current conditions they may be struggling a bit.

Jordan_Za

RIP Apple Music. Spotify is 100s...
Dammit man, I'm loathe to switch :crying:

[EDIT] hehe, who said self-ranting doesn't work... its back. :D thanks if you guys did do something [/EDIT]

Last edited:

Giro

I can connect to the VPN but I continuously get timeouts. There are a few of us on Cool Ideas and it seems to only happen to us
We are experiencing a similar problem VPN'ing into our office network which is connected via Seacom. I logged a ticket last week, #COOL-20200327-403655, no reply yet...

DuckKnuckle

Expert Member
[mention]PBCool [/mention] I had a ticket created this morning that seems to have been deleted?

COOL-20200330-404653

PBCool

Cool Ideas
We are experiencing a similar problem VPN'ing into our office network which is connected via Seacom. I logged a ticket last week, #COOL-20200327-403655, no reply yet...
We changed routing this morning relative to Seacom, please test again.