Cool Ideas - Migrating from Telkom

genetic

Honorary Master
I have a 40Mbps Telkom Fibre account (Telkom ISP and line with Openserve).

I had previously tried to sign up for Cool Ideas, but received an email stating I should get back in contact once my line has been cancelled.

I cancelled my telkom fibre package on the 10th of August, and have had confirmation that the line will be released on the 10th of September.

According to the previous email I've received from Cool Ideas, I will need to order a new fibre line as my ISP was Telkom;

4)Please note that if your current ISP is Telkom we will not be able to take over your line and we will need to place a new order.

So does this mean I need to apply for a new service from scratch, after the 10th of September?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Telkom as an ISP doesn't release lines into the holding pool as every ISP does. PM me your account details and I can confirm.

ghostR

Executive Member
this is the latest workaround from Openserve, a bit cumbersome...

There is a system problem with the Telkom Retail migrations to the holding pool.

The following work around applies for this:

End user cancels with Telkom Retail but keeps the ONT on and the fibre plugged in.
The ISP places a new order and provides the serial number of the ONT on site.

When testing is done and we are able to see the ONT then no technician is dispatched and the ISP will only be charged for activation not installation.
However if we dispatch a tech the full installation will apply.

buyeye

Expert Member
this is the latest workaround from Openserve, a bit cumbersome...

There is a system problem with the Telkom Retail migrations to the holding pool.

The following work around applies for this:

End user cancels with Telkom Retail but keeps the ONT on and the fibre plugged in.
The ISP places a new order and provides the serial number of the ONT on site.

When testing is done and we are able to see the ONT then no technician is dispatched and the ISP will only be charged for activation not installation.
However if we dispatch a tech the full installation will apply.
Won't a fine from Icasa help fix the system problem quicker?

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Won't a fine from Icasa help fix the system problem quicker?
Only if icasa meant anything, but they nothing more than a bunch of finger puppets. It would take ages to get sorted out and the fine would be soo minute one of telkom cleaners could pay it with a days wage.