Cool Ideas or Home Connect

marhsava

So which fibre ISP is the better one from the ones listed in the title.

Friend off mine said Cool ideas is not as good as before cause they grew too quick and can't handle the capacity , also he had billing issues which took a while to resolve.

One thing I hate about any company is bad customer service.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
So which fibre ISP is the better one from the ones listed in the title.

Friend off mine said Cool ideas is not as good as before cause they grew too quick and can't handle the capacity , also he had billing issues which took a while to resolve.

One thing I hate about any company is bad customer service.
We are growing quickly for sure, but capacity is no issue. I am always around for escalations for anything really so if your friend is struggling let him/her know to reach out to me.

XenitXTD

Cool Ideas for sure...

Although I am with Crystal Web... But Cool Ideas was my next option... Went with Crystal Web because of their included Usenet Servers with Premium accounts for free

cyberbob1979

Expert Member
Cool Ideas - great service, no issues, and I've not experienced any issues with capacity. *2 year Cool Ideas customer*

marhsava

Guess I will be singing up with cool ideas then , at least we have a cool ideas rep on this forum ..

marhsava

I just need to cancel my fibre with Vodacom and then change over, anyone has experience on how that went down?

Getting fibre from Vodacom was painful, I can't imagine how painful it will be to cancel it.

Joka69

Expert Member
Cool Ideas for sure...

Although I am with Crystal Web... But Cool Ideas was my next option... Went with Crystal Web because of their included Usenet Servers with Premium accounts for free
FYI, Cool Ideas in on Internet Solutions backbone, so they also have free access to a premium usenet provide, also, If im not mistaken, Crystal Webs usenet no longer works since the Nextgen guy shut everything down right?

Cool Ideas all day everyday!!

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
FYI, Cool Ideas in on Internet Solutions backbone, so they also have free access to a premium usenet provide, also, If im not mistaken, Crystal Webs usenet no longer works since the Nextgen guy shut everything down right?

Cool Ideas all day everyday!!
You have access to IS' news server, we might be building our own service for this.

Joka69

Expert Member
You have access to IS' news server, we might be building our own service for this.
That is great news. Though IS' news server is not that bad. But if you building your own, I'm game! How will we be updated on this? Also, what will the speeds be? If you can answer that?

marhsava

Still waiting for a reply to my email from the "new clients/sign up " department, hence the capacity issue I was talking about, once a company grows to big in a short space of time they can't and won't cater new clients ..

So far my Vodacom Fibre is strong so will stick to them for now until **** hits the fan , to much admin to change if everything is 100% now...

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Still waiting for a reply to my email from the "new clients/sign up " department, hence the capacity issue I was talking about, once a company grows to big in a short space of time they can't and won't cater new clients ..

So far my Vodacom Fibre is strong so will stick to them for now until **** hits the fan , to much admin to change if everything is 100% now...
When did you email and do you have a ticket number?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I emailed them on Thursday afternoon , the ticket ID is [Ticket ID: COOL-20180413-93652]
Weird cos the ticket says it was posted yesterday morning:

Posted on Friday 13th April at 05:00

And there was a response this morning.