Cool Ideas or Home Connect

Swa

Honorary Master
@Tdog109 honestly if it's only about the internet part I'd go for 50/50 over 50/5. That upload speed can become a restriction for your download speed. From the sound of it you won't pay an activation fee with Home Connect but why not call them and ask?

Tdog109

@Tdog109 honestly if it's only about the internet part I'd go for 50/50 over 50/5. That upload speed can become a restriction for your download speed. From the sound of it you won't pay an activation fee with Home Connect but why not call them and ask?
Sorry I mistyped it - it too is 50:50.

I have verified with both - no activation fee is applicable.

I will go with cool ideas. There seems to be only good things said about them and we have @PBCool for support...

Rocketnet was option 3.

sand_man

Honorary Master
If you went purely on Hellopeter.com as your yardstick, you wouldn't touch Cool Ideas. Their ratings there are horrible. Home connect and Rocketnet on the other hand, fair much better.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
If you went purely on Hellopeter.com as your yardstick, you wouldn't touch Cool Ideas. Their ratings there are horrible. Home connect and Rocketnet on the other hand, fair much better.
Only way to resolve hellopeter complaints is pay for the service, and considering it is such a legacy social format, we don't bother to be honest. I would rather invest more of my time here, compared to a paid for platform which is the only reason it is still around.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
If you had to choose between Cool Ideas and ISPAfrika on Frogfoot (same package 100/100, uncapped, unshaped), which one would you choose and why?

ryanrich

If you had to choose between Cool Ideas and ISPAfrika on Frogfoot (same package 100/100, uncapped, unshaped), which one would you choose and why?
Can't comment on ISPAfrika but I'm on Cool Ideas 100/100 on Frogfoot and I'm very happy, no issues for 7 months now since I signed up.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Only way to resolve hellopeter complaints is pay for the service, and considering it is such a legacy social format, we don't bother to be honest. I would rather invest more of my time here, compared to a paid for platform which is the only reason it is still around.
Damn straight... In the end just before dear old Peter sold it, he was getting increasing pushback from business who felt he was extorting money from them to have the privilege of being a "company who responds" IIRC he wanted to charge per incident.