Cool Ideas very dissapointing

Cool Ideas has not been able to help me. I pay for 20 down 10 up and this is what I get. How is this okay... why is cool ideas treatong us like ****
Ping: 55ms
Download: 1.26Mbps
Upload: 3.97Mbps

Kloon

Expert Member
I have been with them for 15 months and have always gotten my full line speeds. I am on a 100Mbps package

Yes there have been a few issues but most times they are resolved within minutes or the issue was with Vumatel themselves.

I assume you are on wifi? Their supplied router is pretty crappy that is why I got my own equipment that I know can handle the speed is intelligent enough to identify wifi channel congestion and adjust accordingly.

Chances are you have some wifi interference causing your issues.

We are in Somerset West with Openserve lines. Using direct cable not wifi and speedtest still poor. Hope they will resolve in the morning. Just spole to them 6th time and they said they will fix it in the morning.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
I'm on CI FF in CT 100/100, getting less than 10Mbps down at the moment. It's been over a month and they tried to argue the not guarantee international nonsense.

I'm still stuck with them till end of month since calendar month notice.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Cool Ideas has not been able to help me. I pay for 20 down 10 up and this is what I get. How is this okay... why is cool ideas treatong us like ****
Ping: 55ms
Download: 1.26Mbps
Upload: 3.97Mbps
Do you have a ticket we can escalate?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I'm on CI FF in CT 100/100, getting less than 10Mbps down at the moment. It's been over a month and they tried to argue the not guarantee international nonsense.

I'm still stuck with them till end of month since calendar month notice.
@Johnathan56 we have many Frogfoot users experiencing the same thing as mentioned unfortunately this kind of thing takes time to resolve.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
@Johnathan56 we have many Frogfoot users experiencing the same thing as mentioned unfortunately this kind of thing takes time to resolve.
How long a time? My ticket has been open since the 25th of March, and I already noticed it a week earlier when I got the line. It is now the middle of May.
Your support agent tried to argue with me that "we do not guarantee international", which has got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard, not guarantee does not mean not a single international test/download at even 60% of line speed, and it's been deteriorating the last two/three days with my international now being under 10Mbps, as though I have a hard cap. Meanwhile local gives me full speed, and the only thing I can change on FF is my ISP to check that you're not the ones trying to BS me (which I have started to suspect you are, especially after "guarantee" spiel).
I'm paying you over R1k a month for my net, yet can't get what I pay for, would you be happy or leave?

PeterJJhb

IMG_6799.JPG

No complaints here. Perform a test via ethernet cable. If your speed is normal, then you have a wifi issue. Remember ALOT of things can interfere with wifi signal. Not fair that you immediately blame your service provider. Also, maybe look into getting a better quality router.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
View attachment 657300

No complaints here. Perform a test via ethernet cable. If your speed is normal, then you have a wifi issue. Remember ALOT of things can interfere with wifi signal. Not fair that you immediately blame your service provider. Also, maybe look into getting a better quality router.
1557833928384.png

And I think near all of us know to check via Ethernet cable, besides phones and tablets, everything in my house is wired. All my tests complaining of speed are done via Ethernet cable (Cat5e, hooked up to a gigabit capable switch/router, making the internet connection provided by my ISP the slowest point).

PeterJJhb

View attachment 657320

And I think near all of us know to check via Ethernet cable, besides phones and tablets, everything in my house is wired. All my tests complaining of speed are done via Ethernet cable (Cat5e, hooked up to a gigabit capable switch/router, making the internet connection provided by my ISP the slowest point).
Wow! Quite rude and touchy! Nothing more to say to you!

maumau

Honorary Master
View attachment 657300

OP said she's testing via ethernet cable not wifi.

P.S. what router is OP using and what would you recommend?

sand_man

Honorary Master
I have been with them for 15 months and have always gotten my full line speeds. I am on a 100Mbps package

Yes there have been a few issues but most times they are resolved within minutes or the issue was with Vumatel themselves.

I assume you are on wifi? Their supplied router is pretty crappy that is why I got my own equipment that I know can handle the speed is intelligent enough to identify wifi channel congestion and adjust accordingly.

Chances are you have some wifi interference causing your issues.
157Mb up on a 100Mb line?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Anyone know how cool ideas get their modem back? Do they send a courier? Will be using June as my notice month.
Tell them you want them to collect it, they send a courier. Supposedly you're supposed to get instructions in regards to how its supposed to be packaged etc. with a label for you to print out, but I didn't get one. Courier was nice enough to still accept as I had it wrapped in the original packaging and wrote return to sender on it.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
Anyone know how cool ideas get their modem back? Do they send a courier? Will be using June as my notice month.
Yes, they will ask you to send it via their courier or drop it off at their offices. I have already cancelled, although it will only be at the end of June since they need a full calender month. I am actually going to go drop the router off at their offices. I can see a lot of people jumping ship in the next month or two if they don't get their **** together

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Yes, they will ask you to send it via their courier or drop it off at their offices. I have already cancelled, although it will only be at the end of June since they need a full calender month. I am actually going to go drop the router off at their offices. I can see a lot of people jumping ship in the next month or two if they don't get their **** together
They actually asked me if I'd come deliver it at their offices in Rosebank, I'm in CT. This after my message already included I want delivered and address they should pick up from. CI support is terrible, they don't read previous history of a ticket at all.