Cool ideas vs Afrihost

kitkat+

I have narrowed my ISP choice to these two ISPs, I would love feedback on them.
I know there are other options, but I have no choice but to take Mitsol fibre hence these 2 ISPs only.

thanks
Kitty.

Crumbl0x

Can't go wrong with both, and I've had a pleasant time with Afrihost in my ADSL and LTE years, but I've seen it's more beneficial to go with Cool Ideas for their selective routing and faster / more hands-on support that's not as overwhelmed in most cases.

kombi-man

Question, there's another thread about people leaving cool ideas to go to MTS etc.. Why? Why are people leaving Cool Ideas?

mr_norris

Expert Member
Afrihost. Been with them since 2013 / 2014. Been with them through capped ADSL, capped fibre, and in a week or two I'm placing an order for fibre for my parents through them.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Check the age of the thread and the more recent posts maybe. I think that was during the DDoS of 2019
Not only, you also have random support staff that are horrendous, that said you also have some support staff that is amazing, it's just sad about the bad apples which is unavoidable once a company gets to your size.

under_sky

Expert Member
Cool Ideas nothing else got 20+ clients that have zero issues with them at all.

kitkat+

Not only, you also have random support staff that are horrendous, that said you also have some support staff that is amazing, it's just sad about the bad apples which is unavoidable once a company gets to your size.
Why do companies keep the bad ones around, even though they have been complaints about them many times ?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Sorry to hear this, do you have an example for me?

Last edited:

MoilZA

My experience with Afrihost has been great. Good stable internet, and slightly cheaper than Cool Ideas, their support has been decent and timely via WhatsApp. That being said, I am busy migrating to CISP to enjoy their far superior routing and gaming latencies on EU servers.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
My experience with Afrihost has been great. Good stable internet, and slightly cheaper than Cool Ideas, their support has been decent and timely via WhatsApp. That being said, I am busy migrating to CISP to enjoy their far superior routing and gaming latencies on EU servers.

Hi,

I'm sorry you feel our latency to EU is not as good.

If you have examples for me I can assist if you are experiencing any issues.

netstrider

Expert Member
I'm personally torn between Cool Ideas, Afrihost, and Web Squad.

I know Web Squad may not be as large as the other two, but I like supporting the little guy - provided I get acceptable service.