Crystal Web DSL performance feedback thread Part 4...

That is South-Africa for you now in a nutshell; you bring up a problem and it is ignored. I'll pretend mine will go away too.

Anakha56

I thought I was as well. Clearly whatever work around Openserve did for me did not update with Telkom. The lady at Telkom billing did say I should be up and running by end of day but I think she sold me a dummy. :(

Geoff.D

Executive Member
That is disappointing. I wonder how many more of these little interdependencies are still hiding away, waiting to bite CW customers (ex and current) there are.

SAguy

Expert Member
Luckily for me OpenServe has just completed installing fibre in my area. Going to go ahead with the fibre installation and hopefully it doesn't take 6 months to get my line, adsl line and adsl data cancelled...

No more CW for me, I've also been pretty successful in making sure almost no one in my suburb uses them.

SAguy

Expert Member
What's the story with our ADSL lines now, my line has been working fine - but as per above I'm moving over to fibre in the next month.

I need to cancel:
- Subscription with EvoNet
- Telkom Line
- ADSL line

My biggest issue is how do I cancel my ADSL line? Crystal Web used to have the line, but EvoNet didn't take over the ADSL portions - so who the hell owns it now.
I asked CW/EvoNet support and this is the response I got:

Me: Do you guys cancel the ADSL portion of my line as well?

EvoNet Jedi: all ADSL lines where released by Crystalweb and not ported to us, Only Telkom kan now cancel your adsl line

Me: So Telkom should be billing me for that again?

EvoNet Jedi: only if you ask them to take it over, other they will suspend the line and after a month they will cancel it

Me: And where did you guys let your customers know that we have to do this?

Me: So my ADSL line is just hanging nowhere and it's going to get cancelled

EvoNet Jedi: The lines where never ported over to us by Crystalweb, and they instead ask Open Serve to release the lines, we never managnet the line, and that is why your where not billing for adsl
I don't see anything on my latest Telkom invoice, so either my ADSL line is going to be suspended before I get fibre or it's going to be a mission to cancel my adsl/Telkom line because of unpaid fees or something.

Holy sh!tballs did they cock this one up