Cyberpunk 2077

Swa

Honorary Master
There is a big difference between running a game and being able to have a decent playing experience.
I had a pretty poor PC when Witcher 3 came out.
I mean, I could 'run' it, but play it? Only if you enjoy washed out textures, almost no npc's and frameskip stutter as the game skips between 30 and 40 fps.
Fighting monsters was a nightmare and there was just no way to enjoy it like that.

So, am I worried that my PC can run Cyberpunk? Not at all. I guarentee I will be able to run it.
Will it be playable?
That is the concern.
Couldn't have said it better.

ponder

Honorary Master
My only concern is the CPU which is my current bottleneck

I7-7700k quad core
GTX 1060 6GB I'm running should still be okay
I can't see how a 4c/8t 7700k can be a bottleneck with a gtx1060. People are running more powerful gpus with a 7700k no problem.

DYreX146

I can't see how a 4c/8t 7700k can be a bottleneck with a gtx1060. People are running more powerful gpus with a 7700k no problem.
Yeah I have a 7700K with a GTX 1080 and run games at 1440P pretty fine usually.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Depends on the game.
CPU instensive games suffer.

Kingdom Come Deliverence for example I can run high with a steady 60 fps in the biggest town in the game, because the game does not have that many NPC characters.

RDR 2 in Saint Denis as I've mentioned starts giving issues when many NPC's are in one area and that's where the bottleneck comes in. I've had to lower settings to get it to not affect gameplay.

Games still run no problem, but graphical sacrifices need to be made for a enjoyable experience.

Reactions: Swa

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
CD Projekt Red has cut the wall-running mechanic seen in previous Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay trailers "due to design reasons."

In an interview with GameReactor, Cyberpunk 2077 level designer Max Pears explained the decision. "Ah, the wall running - that is something that we removed due to design reasons, but there's still going to be a lot of flexibility in how you move, that's for sure."

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I don't mind them remove the wall running. Neither did I mind to hear in time that ice-skating was a thing in Ciri's The Witcher 3 playthrough.

I see CDPR said it wouldn't work due to game lacking third person. Now, it worked and it didn't work in CoD, pending, but it worked great in Titanfall.

Is wall running part of the lore, or game mechanics, of Cyberpunk 2020? If not, it doesn't matter in any case.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
I don't mind them remove the wall running. Neither did I mind to hear in time that ice-skating was a thing in Ciri's The Witcher 3 playthrough.

I see CDPR said it wouldn't work due to game lacking third person. Now, it worked and it didn't work in CoD, pending, but it worked great in Titanfall.

Is wall running part of the lore, or game mechanics, of Cyberpunk 2020? If not, it doesn't matter in any case.
While I do not care about them removing the feature, stating the reason is because no third person is bullcrap.
There is a game called Mirror's Edge. A parkour game entirely in first person and it works great.

Silly excuse on their part.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
While I do not care about them removing the feature, stating the reason is because no third person is bullcrap.
There is a game called Mirror's Edge. A parkour game entirely in first person and it works great.

Silly excuse on their part.
Yea but Mirror's Edge is designed around it. I for one don't like wall-running usually. I enjoyed it in Titanfall 2 though.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Yea but Mirror's Edge is designed around it. I for one don't like wall-running usually. I enjoyed it in Titanfall 2 though.
It would have been a gimmick, sure, but give the real reason why you are not including it anymore.
My guess is the time cruch to make every wall in the game wall runnable.

eg2505

Honorary Master
hated wall running, if you dont time it right, ends up very badly for you.

I remembered how long it took me to get right in mirrors edge 2
also that grapple gun mechanic I just couldn't get right.

faceplanted a lot, especially near the end, when you climb a tower using giant wind turbines and hopping onto the blades.

wbot

Expert Member
Just glad they're not taking cutting the penis customization :D

AlmightyBender

Executive Member
Is she going to have shiny boobies and a shiny penis? Because I think she can
She!? how dare you. My character isn't even human-normative nevermind gender normative. I'm going for somebody on the very edge of cyber-psychosis.

There will be no genitals, like a Barbie, which is a valid option! Boobs I will roll a D20 dice to determine what % to move the slider to the left/right.

Man o man (pun intended) this game is gonna rock.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Last night I was watching YouTube and noticed that UEG published this video,

yada yada, I know what he is getting, yes, many publishers/developers will capitalise on the window within which Cyberpunk 2077 is hyped. My problem with the video is, he made it to blast Tencent's upcoming title, Code : SYN, by making Cyberpunk 2077 a genre on its own. Cyberpunk 2077 is based on the Cyberpunk 2020 IP (made in 1988) which is rooted in the cyberpunk verse, and now there is a second game, Cyberpunk RED, which takes place between Cyberpunk 2020 and Cyberpunk 2077, and yes, both Cyberpunk 2020 and Cyberpunk RED are RPG board games.

The cyberpunk genre, it is old. It dates back to the 1960s. Fiction creators already created it, the source material is incredibly rich. Punk culture, hack cultures, synthwave, etc. Cyberpunk 2020 didn't create it, it created its own world.

Just because Cyberpunk 2020 has cyberpunk in its title, it didn't create cyberpunk. There are many superb cyberpunk titles to check out prior and post to 2012, incl. novels, comics, music, etc.

Next, up some person comes along and starts to blast an old title like SiN which has been 'remastered' and will be remade IIRC. How about calling Deus Ex a Cyberpunk clone? How about rubbishing Syndicate? I can go on.

It is also not like CDPR created character customisation. Tencent's own many IPs which does that. Just check out Ubi's new Cyberpunk BR clone,

oh my, they have thrown Quake into Cyberpunk and mixed it with Doom beats...