Dangerous security flaws found in Windows 10

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Dangerous security flaws found in Windows 10

A number of security vulnerabilities have been discovered in Windows 10. The security flaws are similar to those exploited by the self-replicating WannaCry ransomware in 2017.

The four exploits discovered by Microsoft are "wormable", which means that they can spread malware to other vulnerable devices without any user action.

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
Show me ANY software that has zero bugs...?
You know stuff used to come in a box, you bought it, installed it, and it worked. Nothing was inherently broken or flawed or required updates to keep it working. If you wanted the latest version, you went and bought it, but the old version didn't stop working if you didn't.

gamer16

Honorary Master
You know stuff used to come in a box, you bought it, installed it, and it worked. Nothing was inherently broken or flawed or required updates to keep it working. If you wanted the latest version, you went and bought it, but the old version didn't stop working if you didn't.
What you explain is 100% true for before we all had internet.

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
hmm.. dude. I bought many games (boxed games) etc that had to patched after release. Comparing 1990 to today is insane. Software got way more complex (look at all the peripherals you can plug into your pc, hardware advances etc.). DOS games were totally different. If your DOS game crashed, you were screwed. Now at least you get a fix on the net.

It's like comparing a horse to a Ferrari.

Ps. My first pc was an IBM XT in the late 80s. Mouses weren't even a thing, sound cards were unheard of. Saying software was flawless those years... is not totally true.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Its not applicable today, yes updates are annoying, yes devs are being made redundant for the public beta testing army, yes this is all annoying. What we should really be fighting is the vast amount of constant threats to our software security.

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
What we should really be fighting is the vast amount of constant threats to our software security.
I can remember a time when everyone was convinced the threats were made up by the people who sold anti-virus software to con you into thinking you needed something you didn't. Those were the days.

gamer16

Honorary Master
I can remember a time when everyone was convinced the threats were made up by the people who sold anti-virus software to con you into thinking you needed something you didn't. Those were the days.
Indeed, also +1 to the box sets of games one used to get, and your friends would come over and drool over your collection, no one is drooling over your steam library nowadays.

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
Indeed, also +1 to the box sets of games one used to get, and your friends would come over and drool over your collection, no one is drooling over your steam library nowadays.
Well I got about 1300 games on steam (good ones, not **** ones :whistling:). I did buy games before steam, and still have the boxed copies. Wing Commander, TMNT, Slave Zero etc.

<humble brags> hahaha!

Lupus

Honorary Master
Actually that's not how it went. Yes it came in a box, you bought it, often if it did have bugs you were stuck with it like that and you learnt to deal with it. You might be lucky and service packs were released that could be loaded to fix bugs.
Console games were broken, that's tough live with it, if it was fixed by the developer you had to go buy the game again, there was no patching because hardly anything was online.
I lived through this era, it wasn't all rainbows and puppies.