Database Error

andres101

Expert Member
For about 10 minutes whenever I accessed a forum page, I received a "The database has encountered a problem." error page.

marine1

Honorary Master
The forum is so slow lately, also getting a lot of errors. Not sure ??

rpm

Admin
Staff member
I was away for a few hour - apologies for the problems. I assume something happened on the hosting side - maybe backups. Will contact them about it...

andres101

Expert Member
at the time I posted, the problem was obviously fixed. rpm, I emailed you the error page.

Last edited:

ScardyPants

I found this site looking for safety tips and life in Saudi Arabia and became a member when this site popped up. The problem is as i am a new member and havent quite masted how to use it yet i get into all sorts of things on this site but i cannot find how to get back to the forum where members were discussing the life in Saudi. Please can anyone help by guiding me through.

DJ...

Banned
I found this site looking for safety tips and life in Saudi Arabia and became a member when this site popped up. The problem is as i am a new member and havent quite masted how to use it yet i get into all sorts of things on this site but i cannot find how to get back to the forum where members were discussing the life in Saudi. Please can anyone help by guiding me through.
If you posted in the thread then you can click on your user control panel and it should pop up - User CP on the top left - this works only if you have set your options (again within the user cp) to subscribe to every thread you post in. This will also send you email subscriptions to the threads. This is the easiest way to keep track of posts within threads that you find interesting - but first things first, check and change if necessary your thread subscription settings as above.

The second option is the search function. Second link to the right of "Log Out" is "Search". Click this and a drop-down menu appears. I would recommend not using the first search box, but rather use the google search box and make sure it is selected to search within mybb only. It works very well.

The thread that you are looking for is this one though: Living and Working in Dubai

You can always use your better judgement once you get used to the forums as well. Most non-IT/telco related topics will be in one of the General Discussions sections such as Sports, Current Affairs, Photography or in your case - Off Topic. And dont be afraid to dive into the IT/telco threads too - I did, and I have learned a considerable amount since doing so - glad I did.

Hope this helps to clear things up.

DJK...

Last edited:

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
@ Scardypants, the thread you're looking for is: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=102376 , but I see its been closed for some reason.

The manner in which I always go about finding my posts is by going to my own profile, which can be found if you click on your own name in the top-right section of the screen, just above you Private Messages.
It says: Welcome <Username>, by clicking on your username you're taken to (this is your one) http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/member.php?u=64297, then click on statistics and then the "Find all posts by <Username>"

Its just another option if you're not subscribed to any threads.
DJK's tips are what many prefer, I just avoid it as, depending on the thread activity, there will be a lot of e-mail to clean up :p
As your post count is still low, it may be quicker to just to find all your posts :)

Another search option on the site is the Tag Cloud, found here.
This is found on in the top, almost centre of the screen.

Well hope it is some form of help as well :)

DJ...

Banned
@ Scardypants, the thread you're looking for is: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=102376 , but I see its been closed for some reason.

The manner in which I always go about finding my posts is by going to my own profile, which can be found if you click on your own name in the top-right section of the screen, just above you Private Messages.
It says: Welcome <Username>, by clicking on your username you're taken to (this is your one) http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/member.php?u=64297, then click on statistics and then the "Find all posts by <Username>"

Its just another option if you're not subscribed to any threads.
DJK's tips are what many prefer, I just avoid it as, depending on the thread activity, there will be a lot of e-mail to clean up :p
As your post count is still low, it may be quicker to just to find all your posts :)

Another search option on the site is the Tag Cloud, found here.
This is found on in the top, almost centre of the screen.

Well hope it is some form of help as well :)
Shake - setup email rules to send them to their own folder - no sorting through plenty emails then. Besides, it doesnt send you an email for every single reply in a thread. It will email you once if there is a reply, and it wont email again until you have posted in that thread again. I think thats how it works IIRC, but TBH, I rarely use the emails - the User CP works just fine...

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Shake - setup email rules to send them to their own folder - no sorting through plenty emails then. Besides, it doesnt send you an email for every single reply in a thread. It will email you once if there is a reply, and it wont email again until you have posted in that thread again. I think thats how it works IIRC, but TBH, I rarely use the emails - the User CP works just fine...
Ahh sweet never knew that, but still not a personal preference for me :)
But there are those that do.

Thanks for clearing that up. :)