NEVER-GIVE-UP

Hello guys just wanted to know the difficulty of obtaining bsc it degree at north west university because i read somewhere that only less than 10% of people who enrol for bsc it at nwu make it to honours level, so im just curious since i also wanna go there.

Messugga

Honorary Master
You'll possibly see similar stats at most universities in SA. The majority of students stop at the B.Sc level and don't go on to honours.

cguy

Executive Member
You'll possibly see similar stats at most universities in SA. The majority of students stop at the B.Sc level and don't go on to honours.

Yup. Partly because honours typically has a higher requirement for entrance (usually 65%+ average for final year of degree), partly because people do honours in another major, and partly because some people need or want to start working. In general I think the extra year for honours is worth it from both the academic benefit and international equivalence perspectives.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
Yup. Partly because honours typically has a higher requirement for entrance (usually 65%+ average for final year of degree), partly because people do honours in another major, and partly because some people need or want to start working. In general I think the extra year for honours is worth it from both the academic benefit and international equivalence perspectives.

Valuable advice. Many overseas degrees are 4 years making SA honours equal to their B degrees. They usually do B degree then masters