DigiChilli January Status and feedback

necr0mancer: "Hi, Im interested in buying the spicy package for R300, But I have a few questions I'd like to ask. Im on a 4mb Adsl line btw

Question: What speeds can I expect on the spicy package?"

Answer: "Eish... we guarentee a minimum of 256kbs sir"

Question 2: "Um ok, but will my speed burst to either double or full line speed?"

Answer: "Eish... Sorry sir... No... It wont... Its 256kbs sir"

necr0mancer: "Right, thank you very much, have a good day!"

FAIL! FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

their help desk is a complete joke! its like they'v hired people off the streets with no knowledge of their own products!
 
wait wait wait, I have to hear this for myself, im gonna call them and find out
I'm waiting for my confirmation email and if I get one you guys will be the first to see the contents. When they first said this I pointed to Daywalker29's post where he's getting 47kB/s on torrents. This seemed to give them some food for thought. I'd like to find out: who is on the Spicy package and getting more than 15kB/s from either RS or torrents?
 
necr0mancer: "Hi, Im interested in buying the spicy package for R300, But I have a few questions I'd like to ask. Im on a 4mb Adsl line btw

Question: What speeds can I expect on the spicy package?"

Answer: "Eish... we guarentee a minimum of 256kbs sir"

Question 2: "Um ok, but will my speed burst to either double or full line speed?"

Answer: "Eish... Sorry sir... No... It wont... Its 256kbs sir"

necr0mancer: "Right, thank you very much, have a good day!"

FAIL! FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

their help desk is a complete joke! its like they'v hired people off the streets with no knowledge of their own products!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! STITCHES!!! LAFTER STITCHES EINA!!!!
 
ADHD: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder
ADHD: as I understand it (have a daughter with certified condition)

Attention-Deficit Hearing Disorder. rolf (couldn't help that one)
 
... its like they'v hired people off the streets with no knowledge of their own products!

Look I've got sympathy for call center people because they're employed to ensure that end users have no access to people who can actually do something about your problem and they're often called on to bear the brunt of a customer's ire. I don't have sympathy for the company when they buffer themselves behind a call center. I also have no sympathy for a call center person when they tell me that they've passed on the message and I have to wait for a response. They are my only point of contact and I don't accept their claims of powerlessness.
 
Running FDM on RS and am still only getting 3-5K. I am a little scared to reboot my router as the last few times I have, my connection has gone down completely, normally for at least a few hours.

Oh well, here goes.
 
Ok well it looks like I could reconnect this time.

RS hovering around 9K now, still slow :(

*EDIT: Still no Steam connection. Considering that Webafrica is in the process of setting up a free Steam portal for their customers, it looks like they may have my business back, depending on what they announce next month.
 
Keep doing what your doing DC techies...Torrents looking great...!!!!!

Most i got was 65kB/s for about 1 min

WTF!!!!!! AWESOME

wait......HTTP : downloading a youtube movie (slower than before 8-13KB/s):wtf:
usually 30 -50:D

At least somethings happening...:whistle:
 
Agreed. Dispite all my complaints, DC is definitely doing better than just after I joined. The month isn't over yet, I want to see where they end up before I cancel anything.
 
Hi all, I signed up for DC on Thursday, got my username & password today.
So far, I can't update my PeerBlock p2p list, it's been stuck on 1% for the past 2 hours.
Steam won't connect at all, which sucks too.
Browsing speeds seem ok; streaming speeds on Youtube are at a snails pace.

I dunno if this has been mentioned before, but just some food for thought:
I check out whatismyipaddress.com, and apparently I'm located in Kimberley.
Just off by about 700 km's.
 
Huh, I just checked and I am in Kimberly too. More precisely just outside of Douglas. Weird, since I live in Joburg. :wtf:
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X