South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Is anyone else's' browsing extremely slow ATM ?
Okay, so what is the official position on Steam? Why does it sometimes work and other times not?
Is it treated as P2P?
What is the deal here? It is extremely frustrating to be halfway through an update/download of a game and then next time you boot up you can't even access your Steam account as it won't log in.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have just emailed the query below to support. I'll post the reply when I get it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello there
I'd like to know what DigiChilli's official position is on supporting connections to Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/about/)
When I first joined DigiChilli in early December 2009 it wasn't possible to connect to my Steam account. The client would not work without logging on.
Then after a week or two this issue seemed to be resolved and I could log in and download my game content. Online gaming didn't but at least I could download my games.
Then in there were general connection issues due to you upstream provider so I just gave up. In early January all seemed well again so I paid up and, as I had hoped, I could continue downloading again (some of the games I have purchased ar in excess of 10Gig).
Alas, my joy has been short lived as since last week I once again can't log into my account as the client can't connect.
Why is this so unstable?
Regards,
Werner van Aswegen
no reply yet
Torrents only 15KB on Spicy account and 4meg line...
EDIT:
Int bout 5KB
Local bout 10
Guys will this work? I put 2 network cards in my pc. I setup a PPPOE connection on both to one mild DC account through 1 ADSL line. I bridge the two connections. Now comes the tricky part, how can i get double the speed somehow? Is it even possible? BTW double for me in this case would be like 8kb/s ffs
Uhm... Nope.
The current speed you are getting is what you will get.
Say you're getting 8kb/s, by using two connections you'll be halving the speed (in the case of a network of 2 PC's) but because you're connecting them to the same PC you'll still have 8kb/s.
You'll be dialing through one router...
Guys will this work? I put 2 network cards in my pc. I setup a PPPOE connection on both to one mild DC account through 1 ADSL line. I bridge the two connections. Now comes the tricky part, how can i get double the speed somehow? Is it even possible? BTW double for me in this case would be like 8kb/s ffs
Yeah got that just thought one of you guys might be cleverI think their idea of 2 concurrent connections is two seperate lines.