DigiChilli January Status and feedback

Okay, so what is the official position on Steam? Why does it sometimes work and other times not?

Is it treated as P2P?

What is the deal here? It is extremely frustrating to be halfway through an update/download of a game and then next time you boot up you can't even access your Steam account as it won't log in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just emailed the query below to support. I'll post the reply when I get it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there

I'd like to know what DigiChilli's official position is on supporting connections to Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/about/)

When I first joined DigiChilli in early December 2009 it wasn't possible to connect to my Steam account. The client would not work without logging on.

Then after a week or two this issue seemed to be resolved and I could log in and download my game content. Online gaming didn't but at least I could download my games.

Then in there were general connection issues due to you upstream provider so I just gave up. In early January all seemed well again so I paid up and, as I had hoped, I could continue downloading again (some of the games I have purchased ar in excess of 10Gig).

Alas, my joy has been short lived as since last week I once again can't log into my account as the client can't connect.

Why is this so unstable?

Regards,

Werner van Aswegen
 
Last edited:
naaa just got my account....
News doing great...40KB
Torrents doing 40KB
browsing is fast...

was off for 2 weeks...glad to be back :)
 
naaa just got my account....
News doing great...40KB
Torrents doing 40KB
browsing is fast...

was off for 2 weeks...glad to be back :)

WELCOME BACK!...gee my 'n Drukkie :D - What's your http download speeds like?
 
Skype does not work .. the typing takess about 10min to do through and a call drops after 20secs no vid call, it is not possible
No MSN
FTP still very slow
 
Last edited:
well torrents still going well, rapidshare too :):) just having an issue with the mail, says "no greeting from remote host"
 
HTTP single averaging 11kB/s but does go higher at times
HTTP mutli-threaded maxs out my line
Torrents if well seeded reaches 18.7kB/s sometimes over 20kB/s
Pidgin still times out
No Streaming audio
Youtube better than before
Browsing is slick

Here are some speedtest on a 384 line and spicy package:


JHB to NYC

http://www.speedtest.net/result/686319621.png

JHB to Tokyo

http://www.speedtest.net/result/686321566.png

JHB to Germany

http://www.speedtest.net/result/686323729.png

JHB to Brazil

http://www.speedtest.net/result/686325633.png

JHB to Egypt

http://www.speedtest.net/result/686326673.png

JHB to New Zeland

http://www.speedtest.net/result/686327755.png

So far I'd say things are actually looking better :)
 
Last edited:
rapidshare doing ok, but still wont finish a file!, as soon as only one download server is being used, it effectively stops downloads!
 
You seem suffer from selective reading. //edit// and just for clarity, i'm in no way affiliated with digichilli in anyway. I'm just a user like the next guy.





If you want to be up to date with the latest news just email Dave and ask him. That what i done, maybe you should do the same.
NO dude YOU SEEM to suffer from illiteracy AND selective reading, AS I stated earlier and a friendly reminder, so did many others, Dave does NOT and did not reply UNTIL I reported Digichilli to the ISPA:) Further do you suffer with ADHD (attention deficit disorder)?I stated my case and pointed out issues that was earlier spoken of in this thread, by many others!
Now if you have nothing good to say please don't bother replying!

Now enjoy your day further:)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X