DigiChilli January Status and feedback

Pigs might still fly

[08:04:21 AM]
Hi Support! Please can you tell me why my connection is so slow I am struggling to download my mail AND of course I still cannot send, I've tried smtp.digichilli.com as well as my own domain smtp - nothing works.

[08:51:08 AM] [email protected]: we are busy with the migration its not only you but all our customers by 11h00 it will be sorted
 
[08:04:21 AM]
Hi Support! Please can you tell me why my connection is so slow I am struggling to download my mail AND of course I still cannot send, I've tried smtp.digichilli.com as well as my own domain smtp - nothing works.

[08:51:08 AM] [email protected]: we are busy with the migration its not only you but all our customers by 11h00 it will be sorted

Its already half past 11.

lets see if its working


Anyone with desired results ?
 
about those chickens then...

It was mentioned that the pipes work in a way whereby during the day you can browse and during the night you can p2p etc.

I am guessing that is why this morning at 6:50 when I checked in on my Steam download it had stagnated.

I then closed Steam (had to kill the process) and re-started it.

Imagine my suprise when I couldn't log back in.

Maybe it has to do with this "We're fixing the doohicky. Everything should be working (maybe) at 11:00 (of some random day that we won't ellude to)"

I may have dramatasized the quote a bit...
 
I'm guessing that while they're migrating customers to the new virtual pipe system they are leaving the old shaper running (which is why my XBox Live download is still running at about 30kB/s while my torrents and RS cannot lift above 20kB/s).

As soon as I'm on my Spicy pipe I'll only be able to get in 32kB/s (I hope) maybe more if they still allow bursting (seems unlikely). The applications will each be put in a room with a brick under the chair and told to fight it out. Whoever is still standing at the end of the session is allowed to receive traffic (with apologies to the BOFH)
 
256kbps is to low for gaming standard 384kbps is the min standard in south africa our friends in the states min speed is 768kbps
 
I disagree, the most high bandwidth requirement game that I know of is BF2 which uses ~40mb per hour, 256KBps can handle more than twice that. I can't spek for many other games or any newer ones.

You probably realise it's latency that matters for games, not sure what it's like on DC atm but when I had the trial account I was able to play l4D on local servers okay.
 
Heads up people my account just died - again. Prehaps they're moving accounts over now?
 
I disagree, the most high bandwidth requirement game that I know of is BF2 which uses ~40mb per hour, 256KBps can handle more than twice that. I can't spek for many other games or any newer ones.

You probably realise it's latency that matters for games, not sure what it's like on DC atm but when I had the trial account I was able to play l4D on local servers okay.
Bf2 needs more than 256kbps now days if you cant game smoothly it does not cut it we are not in the stone ages any more
 
Last edited:
Here we go again, the past 2 and a half days have been fantastic and now my downloads are dead and Browsing international sites is also dead.

Edit: Downloads are up and running again but they get an error then move onto the next file in my queue. International browsing very slow.
 
Last edited:
Here we go again, the past 2 and a half days have been fantastic and now my downloads are dead and Browsing international sites is also dead.

Edit: Downloads are up and running again but they get an error then move onto the next file in my queue. International browsing very slow.

same here....Plz Plz Plz Dave & Co. Fix it....
 
Call me crazy but why am I getting this strange feeling DC is not totally to blame this time. I have the feeling something's up with telkom or neotel. :confused:

Now if we could just get a lil update...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X