DigiChilli January Status and feedback

Since yesterday morning i've been getting 32K with astraweb and youtube. I've throttled it down to 20K so other people can browse on my line.

edit// i Just unthrottled myself for a minute or two to check, and astraweb is getting 40K,

I'm going back to throttling now.
 
Last edited:
its has been ok for the morning, it just slowed down now like 10 mins ago, downloads are still fast....
 
Issues with speed, connections

DigiChilli Support Staff: As soon as your personal pipe is allocated you will not have this issue ever.We are busy migrating all our clients to their personal pipes.
 
I throttle all my torrents to 20KBs but at the moment i am not getting higher than 29KBs on a 384 line with spicy package. Pretty much what i pay for...
 
Weird...so it works on your other ISP...
Double check your settings on gmail using this site:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=13273

Try creating an account again...

Incoming server : pop.gmail.comOutgoing : smtp.gmail.com
Then click on more settings --> Advance --> Incoming port 995; Outgoing 465

Make sure all the SSL ticks are selected,

Test account....check what errors you get:wtf:

Great, got it working using the port 465 and ssl. Google's own website configuration page says to use port 587 ad TSL encryption. It works with the other hosts. Using 465 and SSL it works on this one. Strange, but so glad it works now. Thanks
 
i have this site open and absolutely nothing else, no dloads/apps - stuffall. and while i am here i am trying mirc... this is the response
16:02] * Disconnected
-
[16:03] * Connect retry #1 irc.shadowfire.org (6667) (dns pool)
[16:04] * Disconnected
-
[16:04] * Connect retry #2 irc.shadowfire.org (6667) (dns pool)
[16:05] * Disconnected
-
[16:05] * Connect retry #3 irc.shadowfire.org (6667) (dns pool)
[16:05] * Disconnected
-
[16:05] * Connect retry #4 irc.shadowfire.org (6667) (dns pool)

if for any reason this is on some part my fault, someone tell me how to fix it plz.
its not my line, when on w/africa or datapro i have no issues

*mope/sulk/pout*
 
i have this site open and absolutely nothing else, no dloads/apps - stuffall. and while i am here i am trying mirc... this is the response
16:02] * Disconnected
-
[16:03] * Connect retry #1 irc.shadowfire.org (6667) (dns pool)
[16:04] * Disconnected
-
[16:04] * Connect retry #2 irc.shadowfire.org (6667) (dns pool)
[16:05] * Disconnected
-
[16:05] * Connect retry #3 irc.shadowfire.org (6667) (dns pool)
[16:05] * Disconnected
-
[16:05] * Connect retry #4 irc.shadowfire.org (6667) (dns pool)

if for any reason this is on some part my fault, someone tell me how to fix it plz.
its not my line, when on w/africa or datapro i have no issues

*mope/sulk/pout*

Same thing happens when I try irc, connect to Steam or update Peerblock.

Anyone have any ideas?
 
OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

Steam doesn't work (STILL)

World of Warcraft: I had a faint glimmer of hope, one small one when I got the the character selection screen perfectly.
I LOG IN AND I GET 28 000ms


I'm asking for my money back.
 
I think they don't allow traffic over certain ports. Either that or the ports are shaped to death. ;)
 
I just chatted with [email protected] on skype. They made a bit of a contradiction. First i get told they are allocating people to the pipes that match their package. so on spicy you will be allocated to the 256/384 k pipe.

However, after that, I asked if i would get full line speed on the spicy package if I have 512k line. Ie will i get 50kb/s on downloads. I was told yes.

Anywayz....

Does anyone know if skype is usable yet?
 
Torrents are DEAD my side. Under 1 KBps. :cry:
Browsing is alright.
Can log into Skype but it's pretty unusable.
Damn, this is frustrating!

384, Spicy. :wtf:
 
Earlier I was getting 190-220 KB/s (bytes) but not it is back to 30kb/s :( What happened why does this keep happening?
 
So now has bursting gone out the window? That's what really kept me interested about DigiChilli...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X