Dilemma ... HELP !!!! SOS !!!!

stabilo

An ex-colleague's wife called my husband and told him that I had an affair with her husband while I was still in their employ. WHAT do I say ? I denied that anything happened, but my husband is not overly impressed with my lame (his opinion) explanations ....

I am truly innocent and have to face a weekend of uncertainty and stress just because another woman probably has PMS and decided to pick on me. $hit, how do I make this 'go away' ?

P

Picard

Stop being on the defensive and make sure that your husband knows that he is the only one you love and will ever love.

Of course don't be soppy or lovey dovey about it. Just be dead serious and tell it to him straight. Don't try and persuade or charm or use some other BS tactic on him though. Just tell him the truth.

HypoThesis

Expert Member
Agree with Picard above. The more you try to defend yourself or explain your point of view the worse it will probably become. Relationships are weird like that.

Just tell him if he doesn't trust you over what someone else outside your relationship says then it's his baby and that your conscience is clear of any guilt or wrong doing. Since you're a woman a tear or two at this point would help :D.

stabilo

I told him the truth, but he's kinda avoiding me ... I suppose all will be fine in the end. I want to strangle the Beachie

Peder

Hobbit
just be true to him, and assure him that you will NEVER cheat on him.

killadoob

Honorary Master
I dunno if things will be fine hey, its going to be a huge shock, he will be doubting you in a big way, as for trust that won't exist in your relationship ever again.

Why would she randomly phone your husband and tell him that? thats what he will be thinking.

Hosehead

Executive Member
Well. Did you have a fling then? even innocent flirting- anything that could be construed as "having an affair"
And why would that accuser have reason to stir the pot?

dablakmark8

Honorary Master
i too think about the reason why she stirred the pot.there is 30%truth to every lie:D

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
If it goes any further tell her to write down all the "evidence". Your husband will quickly see there is nothing real there.

Jewelbox

Expert Member
An ex-colleague's wife called my husband and told him that I had an affair with her husband while I was still in their employ. WHAT do I say ? I denied that anything happened, but my husband is not overly impressed with my lame (his opinion) explanations ....

I am truly innocent and have to face a weekend of uncertainty and stress just because another woman probably has PMS and decided to pick on me. $hit, how do I make this 'go away' ?
Why don't you sue this woman?

lived666

Executive Member
I told him the truth, but he's kinda avoiding me ... I suppose all will be fine in the end. I want to strangle the Beachie
well if he doesn't believe you and you want to have an affair just to rub his nose in it, I can pm you my contact info....:D

other than that, why wouldn't he believe you? you are his wife, why would he take the word of someone else?

sheez, I really think you should teach hubby a lesson, if he wants to play with fire, he gets burnt!

guest2013-1

your husband might have had a cheating partner before so even if these accusations are false he will feel hurt/betrayed. Not because it is true or anything, but it brings up old wounds.

+1 on the sueing. Sue the bitch for defamination and mental anguish because of her false accusations.

Pitbull

Verboten
I don't believe her, she's guilty ;)

Why come and post something like that on a forum, and then ask for help to make it "Disapear" ?

Sorry but she's guilty

Turiko

Banned
This nonsense is becoming a trend in SA. I blame TV for this. **** like Egoli and 7de laan is putting ideas into the heads of vindictive people

HypoThesis

Expert Member
This nonsense is becoming a trend in SA. I blame TV for this. **** like Egoli and 7de laan is putting ideas into the heads of vindictive people
:D I laugh but you're actually spot on. Had an ex who pulled the "i'm pregnant with your baby" line with me when we broke up. I said "fine, i'll just sue for custody when the baby is born". Suddenly she wasn't pregnant anymore :mad:

Soap opera watching women.:rolleyes: