Disable driver signature enforcement

chickenbeef

Executive Member
How can i permanently disable driver signature enforcement on windows 7 x64 rc1?

i dont want to keep on having to have to press f8 at boot up and then choose to disable driver signature enforcement, i want it to be disabled permanently.

Juggy

Executive Member
Open a command prompt and enther the following

bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

Gixxa

The only way it will work is with F8 there is no other way. Had the same problem with Rivatuner and Core Temp Beta.

Keeper

Honorary Master
what do you want to install, I mean, why don't you just get the updated drivers?

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
When Vista came out, you could permanently disable it, but after SP1 and also for Win7, you can not permanently disable it. Sorry!! You need to get a hold of microsoft's driver development kit and create your own secure digital signature for the driver ... Its a moorse round about way, and not easy to do!

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Yep, it's disabled, i came across this program called, "Driver signature enforcement overrider", can someone confirm that it does not work on win7 X64 or is it just me?

DJNgoma

Expert Member
Yep, it's disabled, i came across this program called, "Driver signature enforcement overrider", can someone confirm that it does not work on win7 X64 or is it just me?
What drivers are you trying to install anyway, that are not signed?

Last edited:

DJNgoma

Expert Member
Now I'm acting like a dumbass lol, will see if I can find info for you.
Update: Apparently the latest drivers for your GFX card for Windows 7 need to be installed to run Rivatuner, can't really help as my PC is down for now.

Last edited:

Gixxa

Dude just download EVGA Precision! It is made from the guy that made Riva Tuner and it works on all nVidia cards.

Chris_H

Expert Member
It worked for me... There is another program called ReadyDriver Plus. I've seen reports on the www. that it works in Win7. The problem with it is that it installs a boot manager on your drive from what I understand. The last program that installed a boot manager on my drive ended up by me having to reinstall windows 7 to get it fixed. Do some homework on this before you install it. But eventually after all the hassles with the drivers I've decided to ditch Rivatuner and just use EVGA Precision as Gixxa posted...