Disappearing data bundles

Jeffrsnapln

Has anyone else noticed how much longer included monthly data lasts than once off data bundles?

I have regularly found that the 500Mb I get with my contract each month lasts about 3 weeks. After that I top up with once off data bundles. These topup bundles don't last anywhere near as long as my monthly data.

Case in point: I got a message yesterday that my data was about to run out, so I bought a 300Mb bundle. It's gone.

Now the thing is this, I know that I have used less data in the last week than in the previous two weeks, because the last week I have been on wifi a lot, and not at all in the previous weeks. How then does this data bundle just evaporate literally overnight?

I can't prove it but I am absolutely sure I'm being swindled.

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
Best way to see how the data was used it to log on to the cellc website and see how much data was used when. You can figure out if it expired or it has been used up.

Seriously

Honorary Master
Be careful with cell C where you have to choose between a once of daily bundle or a once off 30 day bundle. ;)

Last edited:

Jeffrsnapln

Be careful with cell C where you have to choose between a once of daily bundle or a once off 30 day bundle. ;)
I buy them via the *147# menu. It only gives you a choice between once off and recurring bundles. As far as I'm aware the once off bundles should be valid for 30 days?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Did you opt to use iCloud Drive or did you disable it?

Recently had a friend who said no to iCloud Drive when updating and he had his WhatsApp iCloud backup go in a loop constantly uploading on mobile.

Seems the "backup over cellular" option was missing for him but enabled in the background somehow.