Discovery Vitality [2019]

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
Wow...that's quite big, I have a TomTom. Fortunately it seems that I will not be affected.

2: Device updates

To ensure we offer you a seamless experience when earning Vitality fitness points by getting active we are discontinuing integration with iHealth, Misfit and TomTom from the Vitality programme. This will be effective from January 2019.

If you are currently linked to one of these devices we will continue to allocate points for your workout data but no new users will be able to link their accounts to Discovery Vitality from January.

jman

Expert Member
One thing that's not so cool is that you'll only get a max of 1200 points for steps per month. Meaning once you've maxed that, you'll have to go to the gym or do a cardio exercise for example to achieve your active reward/s

twaatie

One thing that's not so cool is that you'll only get a max of 1200 points for steps per month. Meaning once you've maxed that, you'll have to go to the gym or do a cardio exercise for example to achieve your active reward/s
They way I read it is 1200 points a month to the yearly total. But all steps still count to weekly rewards

"All step activity will continue to count towards your Vitality Active Rewards goals"

jman

Expert Member
They way I read it is 1200 points a month to the yearly total. But all steps still count to weekly rewards

"All step activity will continue to count towards your Vitality Active Rewards goals"
Hmm okay you could be right. If that's the case then it's fine with me

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Wonder why they dropping TomTom, I can understand misfit, tiny brand and ihealth being unreliable although for the same reasoning I would expect Samsung health to fall away too.

Both of them can provide fake step data, but both too have the option of getting presumably quality data from an hr enabled smart watch.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master

Yeah I also had to read it twice to understand it properly. Not too bad if that is the case, I guess.

Claymore

Executive Member
Wonder why they dropping TomTom, I can understand misfit, tiny brand and ihealth being unreliable although for the same reasoning I would expect Samsung health to fall away too.

Both of them can provide fake step data, but both too have the option of getting presumably quality data from an hr enabled smart watch.
TomTom is dropping out of the wearables market.

twr

Anyone else on Tomtom experiencing sync issues this week? 2 of my 300pt runs havent appeared in my Active Rewards dashboard....
Yes, mine synced but I never got the points, I sent a query and they allocated me the points. Now I can't link s health, when u grant discovery data permission the steps don't come up and can't link it. Help

Toxic T

What is this I hear about you need to have a heart rate monitor from next year in conjunction with your gym visits? Anyone else hear about this?

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
What is this I hear about you need to have a heart rate monitor from next year in conjunction with your gym visits? Anyone else hear about this?
Only change I heard of regarding gyms is a min of 30min at the gym to get points, so somehow they going to be tracking exit times.