Discovery Vitality [2019]

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
Can anyone find out where the mental online assessment is? It's apparently under the "Know Your Health" banner, but I can only do the Vitality Age test :|

Last edited:

beefymoocow

Expert Member
Its probably only launching mid jan with the miles system. No way the dev's released it on new year's.
Yea agreed. You always need a team on standby if eish hits the fan. Apparently they launching the bank officially end Jan. Can’t wait for the monthly contributions booster. Hopefully my current product applies.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Yea agreed. You always need a team on standby if eish hits the fan. Apparently they launching the bank officially end Jan. Can’t wait for the monthly contributions booster. Hopefully my current product applies.
Tell us more. How does it compare to the legacy gym booster. I get R225 back from the gym booster atm.

beefymoocow

Expert Member
Tell us more. How does it compare to the legacy gym booster. I get R225 back from the gym booster atm.
Oh this is for your DRO retirement plan. You get up to 15% more on your monthly retirement contribution depending on your status and your age till retirement. The longer till you retire the larger the boost cap. This benefit is an extra add on of top of your benefit. Currently contributing 6k. So hopefully the boost will be about R800 a month.

beefymoocow

Expert Member
They also have a new add on benefit for lump sum retirement and the normal retirement annuity but it’s not that great. You basically get up to 2% boost per annum on your fund value depending your status.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Oh this is for your DRO retirement plan. You get up to 15% more on your monthly retirement contribution depending on your status and your age till retirement. The longer till you retire the larger the boost cap. This benefit is an extra add on of top of your benefit. Currently contributing 6k. So hopefully the boost will be about R800 a month.
Ok cool thought you might mean that. I am also on DRO, financial advisor recommend this because of the extra benefits with vitalty and the min fixed amount you get when you retire.

beefymoocow

Expert Member
Ok cool thought you might mean that. I am also on DRO, financial advisor recommend this because of the extra benefits with vitalty and the min fixed amount you get when you retire.
Yea this new benefits seems to be very good. Just need to speak to my financial advisor after the break. Don’t like the complexity of the cap limit based on term to retirement though.

The DRO is the best retirement product. You just mustn’t get greedy and start contributing allot. Start small because it escalates between CPI + 4 to 8%. A year.

twr

Expert Member
LOL I was on Diamond this morning (which is correct) but this afternoon it changed to Gold, I see on Facebook its happening to a lot of people

ies87

LOL I was on Diamond this morning (which is correct) but this afternoon it changed to Gold, I see on Facebook its happening to a lot of people
My partner was also diamond this morning but now he’s gold. Seems almost everyone is affected.

beefymoocow

Expert Member
I wonder how they workout your vitality status for their other products. Like for life insurance, your cover increases each year based on your vitality status. If diamond you get like 2% extra coverage. But if you get gold you get like 1.5% extra coverage. No one is gonna know if the system treats you as gold instead of diamond from this error. I know I definitely won’t know.