Discovery Vitality [2019]

Dee96

I see makro has the HUAWEI Color Band A2 Black for R700. I wonder if this is the same as the Huawei band 2 pro

Pufferfish94

Which devices and apps does Vitality use to award points?
Points for heart rate, speed and steps:

Apple Watch
Samsung Gear Watch
Polar
Garmin
Fitbit
TomTom
Garmin
Points for heart rate and speed:

Suunto
Points for steps:
Apple Watch
Samsung Gear Watch
Polar
Garmin
Fitbit
Health App
TomTom
Samsung Health App
iHealth
Misfit
Withings
Points for steps and speed:

Samsung Health app
Points for speed:

Technogym

Can anyone expand on the "Points for speed" on Technogym stated above?

Recallza

I would assume not. We've tried using 2 x R100 Woolies Wicodes and they only accepted one for the purchase
That's interesting, I've used two woolies gift cards for one purchase, and couldn't think why it would be any different for a voucher code? Perhaps the teller wasn't sure on how to do it?

jman

Expert Member
That's interesting, I've used two woolies gift cards for one purchase, and couldn't think why it would be any different for a voucher code? Perhaps the teller wasn't sure on how to do it?
I've done this twice now, and both times I had to separate the vouchers into separate transactions

Hi guys. I need advice on if I should sign up for Vitality. I am currently on Vitality Drive & don't know if going on normal Vitality will actually be worthwhile..

During the week:
-Gym 1-2 times a week for about 40 mins (just regular stuff like walking on treadmill or elliptical). I can add a more intense gym class or so if needed.
-Walk at the beach 1-2 times a week for about 1 hour.
Weekends:
-Parkrun 1-2 times a month

I own a Fitbit charge 3
They do regular vitality healthchecks at my office premises so I can easily go for the assessment.
I am healthy overall & a non smoker.

Do you think based off this, Vitality will be suitable for me in terms of financial gain? I love my Vitality Drive..

Thanks in advance

amabacha

Hi guys. I need advice on if I should sign up for Vitality. I am currently on Vitality Drive & don't know if going on normal Vitality will actually be worthwhile..

During the week:
-Gym 1-2 times a week for about 40 mins (just regular stuff like walking on treadmill or elliptical). I can add a more intense gym class or so if needed.
-Walk at the beach 1-2 times a week for about 1 hour.
Weekends:
-Parkrun 1-2 times a month

I own a Fitbit charge 3
They do regular vitality healthchecks at my office premises so I can easily go for the assessment.
I am healthy overall & a non smoker.

Do you think based off this, Vitality will be suitable for me in terms of financial gain? I love my Vitality Drive..

Thanks in advance
If you already love Vitality Drive and as active as you are (and already have a HR device) then I would say go for it. Being on multiple Discovery products is beneficial and personally my family and I have worked the system to make it financially beneficial for us

t_girl

Hey guys,

Has anyone used the Shoe Booster? I bought some running shoes from TotalSports and got the HealthyGear cash back, but I noticed the shoe booster was still in "activation in progress" so I messaged discovery and they said the shoes I bought don't qualify - so I can either let it expire, or buy another pair since I already paid for the activation.

Question: is there somewhere I can see a list of the shoes that qualify? How would I know if a specific shoe qualifies or not before purchasing it? I only see the "sticker" for HealthyGear. (I've sent another mail asking this but am not getting a response)

t_girl

Recallza

thanks Recallza, I saw that page, and I thought I bought running shoes - I even asked the guy helping me at the store if the shoe qualifies and he said yes, which is why I don't understand why the pair I bought doesn't qualify. How do I know the category of the shoe?
If you don't mind me asking, what shoe did you buy?

Fcon_Vpro

Hey guys,

Has anyone used the Shoe Booster? I bought some running shoes from TotalSports and got the HealthyGear cash back, but I noticed the shoe booster was still in "activation in progress" so I messaged discovery and they said the shoes I bought don't qualify - so I can either let it expire, or buy another pair since I already paid for the activation.

Question: is there somewhere I can see a list of the shoes that qualify? How would I know if a specific shoe qualifies or not before purchasing it? I only see the "sticker" for HealthyGear. (I've sent another mail asking this but am not getting a response)
I had a similar issue but with sportsmans warehouse.
Unfortuntaely the 30 days past so I lost my activation fee and ultimately overpaid for shoes.
Look at the categories for total sports and make sure you are in those categories on their website.
The healthygear logo means absolutely nothing for shoebooster, i made that argument and they told me I was wrong.
At sportsmans, the shoes categories are all subcategories of running.
I bought cross trainers because I primarily do strength training more than pure running.
Very expensive lesson I learnt.

Fcon_Vpro

thanks Recallza, I saw that page, and I thought I bought running shoes - I even asked the guy helping me at the store if the shoe qualifies and he said yes, which is why I don't understand why the pair I bought doesn't qualify. How do I know the category of the shoe?
The categories that RecallZA sent are for sportsmans.
Total sports categories are running and training.

Aharon

Executive Member
I had a similar issue but with sportsmans warehouse.
Unfortuntaely the 30 days past so I lost my activation fee and ultimately overpaid for shoes.
Look at the categories for total sports and make sure you are in those categories on their website.
The healthygear logo means absolutely nothing for shoebooster, i made that argument and they told me I was wrong.
At sportsmans, the shoes categories are all subcategories of running.
I bought cross trainers because I primarily do strength training more than pure running.
Very expensive lesson I learnt.
As far as I am aware it nerds to say activated before you buy the shoes.