Discovery Vitality [2019]

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
It seems like an easy fix tho, especially since apple and garmin do not have this problem.
Probably is an easy fix, given their tendency - from the article - to remove systems that don't conform, you might find that they remove Fitbit support for a while. If they don't then the fitbit users in this thread scores free points.

Aharon

Executive Member
For those on vitality drive...

Twice now my kms have stuck on an amount just over my goal of 100km. Basically stopped counting after the trip that reached my goal.

Secondly on what date are fuel rewards paid?

twr

For those on vitality drive...

Twice now my kms have stuck on an amount just over my goal of 100km. Basically stopped counting after the trip that reached my goal.

Secondly on what date are fuel rewards paid?
That's happened to me. Many times, do t worry it still resets and counts again just doesn't reflect.
Payment was made late I got mine the day before yesterday

Aharon

Executive Member
That's happened to me. Many times, do t worry it still resets and counts again just doesn't reflect.
Payment was made late I got mine the day before yesterday
Thanks. Just like to see how many kms I get. Are you not referring to the reset after each Friday?

Any idea what date they pay the rewards?

droidx

Expert Member
So with diamonds expiring without warning, is there anyway to trace back when you picked a diamond.
I just picked my second one this morning, so can claim it, but would like to wait it out and see if I get another as it would double my reward.

Secondly, I recently joined the gym, been doing mostly jogging and fitness work with my watch, but would like to start some weight training. I joined the club only membership, but do not see where to activate the gym booster in the app or website. When I click on "learn more" on the gym booster tile on the website, it just takes me to the same page, the other boosters take me to an information page.

twr

So with diamonds expiring without warning, is there anyway to trace back when you picked a diamond.
I just picked my second one this morning, so can claim it, but would like to wait it out and see if I get another as it would double my reward.

Secondly, I recently joined the gym, been doing mostly jogging and fitness work with my watch, but would like to start some weight training. I joined the club only membership, but do not see where to activate the gym booster in the app or website. When I click on "learn more" on the gym booster tile on the website, it just takes me to the same page, the other boosters take me to an information page.
Try go through the app? Under vitality then benefit boosters, gmy booster should appear and I think it takes you to the activation page on their website.

Like my. Flight booster I do t see it when I go onto the website directly but if I go via the app it shoes me my boosters flight

Recallza

Try going here: https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/gym-devices-fitness and searching for "Gym Booster" should be halfway through the page.. Also note that I think the Gym Booster only works 12 months after your gym membership was created? I might be mistaken though

abudabi

Expert Member
**snipped**
Mine warns me when a diamond (or points) will expire during the current week.

Gamer

Expert Member
I miss the days of having 2-3 plays :(
Me too. Sneaky marketing during "Vitality Open" period...get all those non Discovery and/or Vitality members a taste of 2 to 3 plays a week, turn a percentage into sales/signups, then reduce the benefits and it's all in the T&C's.
In fairness, the 1 extra play was for the driving thing, so if you didn't sign up for their Insure product, that was that, but the weekly bonus play for jumping through an extra hoop was nice to try get.

Cray

Honorary Master
Me too. Sneaky marketing during "Vitality Open" period...get all those non Discovery and/or Vitality members a taste of 2 to 3 plays a week, turn a percentage into sales/signups, then reduce the benefits and it's all in the T&C's.
In fairness, the 1 extra play was for the driving thing, so if you didn't sign up for their Insure product, that was that, but the weekly bonus play for jumping through an extra hoop was nice to try get.
Yeah, the bonus play with the different goal each week was pretty cool.

TheJman

Expert Member
If you do the math on it, they are saving a fortune now! I used to get 2 rewards a week before this latest re-jig - now I've basically picked 25 tokens every week... so from 2 a week, I'm at 1 a month... well played Discovery, well played

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
If you do the math on it, they are saving a fortune now! I used to get 2 rewards a week before this latest re-jig - now I've basically picked 25 tokens every week... so from 2 a week, I'm at 1 a month... well played Discovery, well played
The very clever actuaries hired by Discovery aren't earning big bucks for nothing :cautious:

Fcon_Vpro

Ive had the opposite experience.
During the vitality open I got 2x25 most weeks, then as soon as it ended Ive gotten 3 diamonds in the last 5 weeks.
I think I even posted a screenshot where the one week I had 3 picks and all around the diamond.(We were speculating that it might be rigged during the open)

Last edited:

Cray

Honorary Master
I must say I prefer this system, I never used to use my weekly reward, even at 25 a week you can still save up to get a decent R100 voucher for something.

TheJman

Expert Member
I must say I prefer this system, I never used to use my weekly reward, even at 25 a week you can still save up to get a decent R100 voucher for something.
The system is definitely more refined, and there are more options - plus the R100 at woolworths is real cash, as opposed to a free smoothie - just noting the economics of it... but looks like some people have been very lucky with is, getting lots of diamonds and some even getting those mystery prizes - I haven't even seen the mystery prize on the board after I pick "Shrug"

Cray

Honorary Master
The system is definitely more refined, and there are more options - plus the R100 at woolworths is real cash, as opposed to a free smoothie - just noting the economics of it... but looks like some people have been very lucky with is, getting lots of diamonds and some even getting those mystery prizes - I haven't even seen the mystery prize on the board after I pick "Shrug"
Must admit I been very middle of the road since the 1 play a week started, got a 40, a 30 and 25. Can't complain as I made out like a bandit during the open phase.

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
6 weeks will only get you an extra 30% back if you want the other 65 or I think it's 70% that needs to be done 14 or 15 weeks before
When one books flights for a return trip, must you book them as single flights? Can you boost both flights or even several flights at the same time?

jman

Expert Member
When one books flights for a return trip, must you book them as single flights? Can you boost both flights or even several flights at the same time?
No, book them as a normal return flight. The whole ticket will be "boosted". You can only boost one at a time