Discovery Vitality [2019]

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
I read you could swap it, that could explain it, but I don't think I go an extra play when mine expired.

Has anyone turn up the shopping voucher, watch or investment or plane ticket or ever seen it when the board is revealed.?
Nope...

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Update on my quest for having my vitality drive reinstated: an email from support saying they can see on their side that my target was reset on a certain date and can I send them a screenshot of the nothing that I can see in the app. So I've done that...

abudabi

Expert Member
Interesting answer to the 1 diamond question:

In the event you do not receive another diamond then you will receive an additional play on the gameboard once your one diamond expires.

Gamer

Expert Member
Did I miss something? I thought the problem was that the app said nothing was expiring that week yet the next day 1 diamond had disappeared.

Reactions: SG1

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
Heart rate question here: So when i was showering last night my fitbit versa activated by accident and started some sort of coached workout thing and i noticed my heart rate was pretty high. Is the high heart rate thing normal when taking a hot shower?

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Heart rate question here: So when i was showering last night my fitbit versa activated by accident and started some sort of coached workout thing and i noticed my heart rate was pretty high. Is the high heart rate thing normal when taking a hot shower?
Not at all, your hr should be not much higher than resting, not unless your shower is also a running track or you put a fitness bike in there to do rain HIIT simulation training.

In all seriousness, if you hr is really spiking doing mundane activities, I would go see your doctor if I were you, it could be a sign of something rather caught sooner than later.

Aharon

Executive Member
Not at all, your hr should be not much higher than resting, not unless your shower is also a running track or you put a fitness bike in there to do rain HIIT simulation training.

In all seriousness, if you hr is really spiking doing mundane activities, I would go see your doctor if I were you, it could be a sign of something rather caught sooner than later.
I would guess it was an inaccuracy by the watch to be honest

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
I suspect so. Sometimes at the gym I'll be busting my hump off and HR is supposedly low :unsure:
That's pretty normal with lifting, the hr movement during lifting is too sporatic for wrist based devices in their current form to accurately detect.

One of the guys at my xfit gym always used the bicep optical oh1 from polar and when I took up swimming I got one as well. Tried it at xfit, got vitality points for the first time, and eveytime after that.

The wrist being soo thin, and having such little muscle and tissue before bone messes with the accuracy especially when ur taught ur arm for any lifting using ur hands.

They work better with a more consistent steadily increasing/decreasing hr.

I only use the fenix hr for my day to day, all activities are recorded using the extarnal now.

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
Polar H7 will have to be my backup if the Fitbit really starts to let me down.

That Polar OH1 looks like a worthy replacement for my H7 one day :)

Last edited: