Discovery Vitality 2020

binloud

Anyone got gym booster back? I see they converting that to bank only so no more 100% back unless you on the bank. I got my healthy food early this month but no boosters yet.

twr

Expert Member
but I have a stand alone credit card as was getting my gym booster back before Covid, i am aware they have the new gym booster for bank clients subject to you card spend etc card type, but isnt this for new gym booster activation's? and hopefully pre existing gym boosters will continue the old way?

binloud

but I have a stand alone credit card as was getting my gym booster back before Covid, i am aware they have the new gym booster for bank clients subject to you card spend etc card type, but isnt this for new gym booster activation's? and hopefully pre existing gym boosters will continue the old way?
Nope they taking that away form what I understand.

The existing Vitality Active Rewards gym booster benefit will come to an end for all existing Vitality Health clients on 31 December 2020, which means your maximum gym saving will be up to 75% in 2021. To access the 100% gym booster benefit, ensure you meet the above criteria. Upgrade to Discovery Bank.

twr

Expert Member
Nope they taking that away form what I understand.

The existing Vitality Active Rewards gym booster benefit will come to an end for all existing Vitality Health clients on 31 December 2020, which means your maximum gym saving will be up to 75% in 2021. To access the 100% gym booster benefit, ensure you meet the above criteria. Upgrade to Discovery Bank.

Thanks for this, so for now the next 3 months is the "old way" then from 2021 Jan it changes

I have just the Platinum credit card, seems from what I read I wont be able to qualify for it
it says :

• Have a Discovery Bank Suite, Discovery Bank Card Account, or Discovery Bank Transaction Account on the bundled fee option.
Also when I look at the brochure for spend bands etc its says :
Note: To qualify for Gym rewards, you need to have a Vitality Health membership and a Discovery Bank Suite.

So does that mean i have to upgrade to a suite? I wonder if the debit order must now run off the suite account?

binloud

Thanks for this, so for now the next 3 months is the "old way" then from 2021 Jan it changes

I have just the Platinum credit card, seems from what I read I wont be able to qualify for it
it says :

• Have a Discovery Bank Suite, Discovery Bank Card Account, or Discovery Bank Transaction Account on the bundled fee option.
Also when I look at the brochure for spend bands etc its says :
Note: To qualify for Gym rewards, you need to have a Vitality Health membership and a Discovery Bank Suite.

So does that mean i have to upgrade to a suite? I wonder if the debit order must now run off the suite account?
Yeah I remember on the old rules the debit order had to come off discovery bank hopefully we will get more info closer to the time. I see they also going back to counting gym visits as normal.

twr

Expert Member
Yeah I remember on the old rules the debit order had to come off discovery bank hopefully we will get more info closer to the time. I see they also going back to counting gym visits as normal.

yeah Id prefer to just have a credit card and not be on a suite to get the extra 25% back

Koosvanwyk

Been on Vitality since mid August and haven’t received any HealthyFood or HealthyCare cash back. On the phone with them now and gone through three different consultants in 45 minutes. I am SICK of their on-hold music!!!!
That sounds correct, rewards are based on status at begining of the month, so for August purchases you will get nothing back as your did not have any status end on July. For September purchases you should get something back, but it will be based on status at the end of August and seeing that you have only been with then for half a month ( at the end of August) it will not be a lot. Rewards for September purchases have not been paid/allocated, thus should happen next week.

It takes a while for everything to sort itself out.

Reactions: 3WA

3WA

Executive Member
That sounds correct, rewards are based on status at begining of the month, so for August purchases you will get nothing back as your did not have any status end on July. For September purchases you should get something back, but it will be based on status at the end of August and seeing that you have only been with then for half a month ( at the end of August) it will not be a lot. Rewards for September purchases have not been paid/allocated, thus should happen next week.

It takes a while for everything to sort itself out.

Thanks, makes sense (I knew I should have come straight here for the answers).

Meister-Man

Thinking of going to the movies, haven't since beginning of the year. Do adults still get half price and kids free with vitality?

Jladan

Does anyone know if putting extra money into your bond would count as savings for Discovery , it much higher interest rate than most places so it a nice place to keep my emergency fund

fruitbat

Expert Member
I'm sitting with a gold debit card that costs me R10/month and I use that to monetize my miles if I want to...
If I upgrade that to a gold suite - looks like that ups it to R120, and then in theory I could work my way up to 40% health food. (I'm a fnb ebucks person primarily - so unlikely i will move all my spend across). And I currently only tell Discovery some of my portfolio w.r.t vitality money.
So - can someone who is gold confirm for me... would I need to get to diamond on vitality money? And what amount do / would I have to spend to get the 40%.
I'm weighing up cost vs benefit, and not finding documentation around this.

Jase

Executive Member
I'm sure this has discussed somewhere in this thread (CBA to look on this crap internet connection at work).

My Garmin 920xt is getting a bit long in the tooth and I am looking for a replacement that is still compatible with Vitality.

Basically steps, cycling (indoor / trails) and a bit of running. It must to be able to pair it with a HR chest strap and perhaps some speed and cadence sensors down the line.

I use Strava / Training Peaks / Garmin Connect to log most of my workouts.

I looked at getting another Garmin but fook me they have gotten really pricey.

What are you using? Recommendations?

Koosvanwyk

Seems likes Miles were allocated today, everything apart from Vitality Health - Healthy Food (even though Vitality Money - Healthy Food was allocated).

binloud

My health food was allocated last week I think...around the 9th. Guessing no one got gym booster? Is that only back from next month even though I got debited for 2 months already.