Discovery Vitality 2020

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Wow, lot of reading material there :)

I see conflicting info though, anybody know what the deal is?

Discoverer brochure: "Save up to 50% on a Huawei Band 3 Pro at Sportsmans Warehouse."
Vitality Sales brochure: "Up to 100%" (under the picture on p13)

So yeah, I'm confused: am I saving 50% or 100%? Or is it like a 50% discount upfront and then I don't need to make the repayments if I achieve my four active goals for the month?

Bottom line is I want to get a new tracker (I've got a TomTom that Vitality discontinued lol), but I've got no idea what to actually expect to pay. Has anybody purchased a Huawei Band 3 Pro on Vitality through Sportsmans?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Miles are back!

Only 50% discount on gym??

Members can now reach Diamond Vitality status in a single year and no longer need to be on Gold Vitality status for three years. Nice!

Hmm bonus play if you reach all 3 goals! that's 4 plays a week!

30-minute gym visit 100 pts per day , no more just checking in.

Last edited:

krycor

Honorary Master
So u can attain Diamond status from year one by getting 5k more points/adult. Cool..

Also new kids thing.. cool, cool.. fix them when they kids as then the healthier lifestyle is set.

New rewards like Netflix, Steam, BoxOffice.. not sure on the Discovery Miles tie in.. seems like the point system for rewards changing slightly (keeping the board tho).

Looking at the points thing.. i might be wrong but is there a massive reduction in points for assessment? I see it says the sample lady has 12.5k points for the 4 metrics being in place and 1k(Down from 5k) for hiv test. basically 1/2 the points?

Edit: is there 5 metrics? I can’t remember.. I am very curious what the medical assessment total drops to now.. currently it’s gives you about 27.5k with online form stuff.

Last edited:

t_girl

I see the iPhone 11 Pro...but you have to be on health, bank, and drive... bummer!

krycor

Honorary Master
So the 2nd doc shows the breakdown..

Seems like the hiv test is actually boosted to 7.5k and 1k for ever subsequent test that year? That’s a lot.

The metric rewards look the same.. so combo with above u actually get a lot more points if u pass it all.. like 32.5k?

Carsomyr

Seems like the hiv test is actually boosted to 7.5k and 1k for ever subsequent test that year? That’s a lot.
7.5k is if it's the first time EVER you do the HIV test, the rest who have done one previously only get 1k (down from the 5k this year). So unless you have never tested it's a lot less points now (see the example of how they get to Diamond)

nullv

Miles are back!

Only 50% discount on gym??

Members can now reach Diamond Vitality status in a single year and no longer need to be on Gold Vitality status for three years. Nice!

Hmm bonus play if you reach all 3 goals! that's 4 plays a week!

30-minute gym visit 100 pts per day , no more just checking in.
it's 50% base. plus 25% from vitality health . plus 25% from vitality money

twr

Expert Member
So is the new miles only coming into effect next year then?

ECHLN

I hope this doesn't mean that Miles is only coming next year

ECHLN

Happy the Miles will replace those somewhat useless coins we got for completing money and fitness goals.

twr

Expert Member
Happy the Miles will replace those somewhat useless coins we got for completing money and fitness goals.
I see the earning is 1disc mile for every R15 spent ,i wonder if it's still about 10c per mile? So spend R1500 for R10 worth of miles?? And I don't see any miles multiplyer?if so that is pretty crappy

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
UPDATE TO THE VITALITY ACTIVE REWARDS GYM BOOSTER
From 1 October 2019, new gym booster activations will require Vitality members to have a qualifying Discovery Bank account. Vitality members that have previously activated the gym booster benefit will continue to get up to 100% off their gym membership, with the boosted portion paid in Discovery Miles early next year.

So if I am understanding this correctly, my gym booster will be paid in mile next year? What if I do not have a disco bank account?

mercury12

Expert Member
So the 2nd doc shows the breakdown..

The metric rewards look the same.. so combo with above u actually get a lot more points if u pass it all.. like 32.5k?
But it looks like they have reduced the target for gold to 40k points down from 45k.