Discovery Vitality 2021

Dee96

Expert Member
Probably no.

If it is not listed on the devices section on the app or website then it is no. Go into the app and see the available options to sync or connect.
Thanks... unfortunately my Google-Fu failed me and I am not sure what app this watch pairs with

binloud

I will really miss the 40% discount, just picked up myself a case of good wine for a double discount. Normally goes for around R215 a bottle got it for R114 with black friday and miles.

Lukcydog

I will really miss the 40% discount, just picked up myself a case of good wine for a double discount. Normally goes for around R215 a bottle got it for R114 with black friday and miles.
Same here, when does it stop? End Dec?

Koosvanwyk

Anyone with the Apple Watch benefit mind helping out here, it has been a while since my previous Apple Watch benefit was settled.

Do you get a separate rewards ring (or one in addition to the Vitality Active Rewards ring) for the Apple Watch benefit? If so, where is it on the app?

Then a more interesting question, do activities from any device "count" towards the Apple Watch goals? So, if I keep using my Samsung Watch to track exercise (prefer this over the Apple products) and sync this through to Vitality would these points count towards the Apple Watch goals ?

Charlesjjm

Anyone with the Apple Watch benefit mind helping out here, it has been a while since my previous Apple Watch benefit was settled.

Do you get a separate rewards ring (or one in addition to the Vitality Active Rewards ring) for the Apple Watch benefit? If so, where is it on the app?

Then a more interesting question, do activities from any device "count" towards the Apple Watch goals? So, if I keep using my Samsung Watch to track exercise (prefer this over the Apple products) and sync this through to Vitality would these points count towards the Apple Watch goals ?

Nope. You have one exercise ring. As long as it's closed every week you'll be fine. Does not matter how or with which devices you achieve the goal.

inkos

We all know discovery. Next year they probably Going to reduce the discount level by half.

Claymore

Executive Member
What's up with Discovery lately? For my son, fitness points are taking several days to come through. Vaccine (meningococcal) points denied, even though it's on their website to get them. Race points not allocated yet after a week. Queries never being replied to, or only after several days. It's like a go-slow...

Flames

Sorry if this has been asked before. How do I use the Active Gear benefit for an online purchase? I've redeemed the voucher on the app, but there's no place to enter it at checkout (TotalSports).

binloud

Sorry if this has been asked before. How do I use the Active Gear benefit for an online purchase? I've redeemed the voucher on the app, but there's no place to enter it at checkout (TotalSports).
It only works for sportsmans online - apparently. I just used it in store (but they still got my discount amount wrong now I am back to fighting with discovery) 1638194466497.png

Koosvanwyk

TotalSports is instore only

Flames

Would anyone be interested in buying my Nike footwear Active Rewards discount (50% off at TotalSports) for R250? It's up to a R1000 discount, and valid until 25 December. I'd also want to sell my 3 TotalSports vouchers (R250 each). So R1000 altogether. Please PM me.

bigboy529

Expert Member
If buying from DisChem and PnP in my case, do you get more / better rewards if paying with a Discovery bank card?
I don't have a Discovery credit card, only a normal debit card for my transaction account.

James 77

This sounds good, will depend on the included devices though. Higher end devices will apparently be excluded, wonder if the Garmin Venu 2 is regarded as a higher end device. Looking at getting one to replace my Apple Watch

duckgray

I thought Vitality uses both weight AND belly girth to assign points. I have full points despite being overweight because my belly girth is fine. Same should apply to Mark Pilgrim.

Also, what a blast from the past. Used to hear him on 5FM as a kid. Let me go follow him.
The Vitality Health Assessment uses BMI.

The Vitality Fitness Assessment uses hip to waist ratio and this measurement overrides the BMI results.

3WA

Honorary Master
The Vitality Health Assessment uses BMI.

The Vitality Fitness Assessment uses hip to waist ratio and this measurement overrides the BMI results.

Ah, I skipped the fitness assessment. Didn't know about the over-ride. I guess that worked out for me.