Dissapearing data

BeancaN

I have had an Afrihost LTE Rain router and data package for close to a year now. Hardly ever ran out of data until now. Last month my topup bill was R3000 additional to the R1500pm package that I have. I have contacted Afrihost several times to find out what is going on but still no answer. My data usage /streaming/downloading /browsing has not increased but by the 3rd /4th day of the month my data is gone all 170gigs gone. Where previously I would still have 20 - 30 gigs of data left on the last day of the month. Since the end of July/ beginning of August my data keeps ons disappearing. I then usually topup with a 10/20gig but a few hours later it is all gone again . Seriously considering canceling my subscription with Afrihost as spending close to R5000 a month on data for household use is ridiculous. I have checked everything from phones to tvs, iPads, laptops and computers to ensure that updates are not done automatically. Any advice on what to do?

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Hi there BeancaN, this sounds really odd :cautious: I can definitely get some answers for you. Please drop me a PM with your account details so I can look into the usage from the past few months and determine exactly what is going on here.