Do you have an Intel or AMD processor in your primary PC?

Do you have an Intel or AMD processor in your primary PC?

• Intel

Votes: 69 76.7%
  • AMD

Votes: 21 23.3%

• Total voters

PhireSide

Executive Member
Ryzen 2700X in my main PC.
i7 6700k in my htpc.
Guessing you had the Intel then changed to AMD, did you notice any difference in your day to day operations on the PC in this regard? I don't know your use case but I do find it peculiar that someone would replace a 6700k with a Ryzen as their main machine.

Fox1

Expert Member
Intel Sandy Bridge i5 2400 that runs Forza Horizon 4 at 1080p/60fps on high settings with a 1050ti.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Your HTPC has a better CPU than my main pc...you suck.

6600K in main PC, couple AMD APU's in file server and HTPC.

Upgrade bug has been successfully ignored for the last few months.
Got an A6-5400K APU in my HTPC.. Good enough

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Guessing you had the Intel then changed to AMD, did you notice any difference in your day to day operations on the PC in this regard? I don't know your use case but I do find it peculiar that someone would replace a 6700k with a Ryzen as their main machine.
Yep, upgraded to Ryzen from the 6700k. For my work it made a big difference as I'm compiling code often - other light day to day things there is no noticeable difference between the two obviously.

gamer16

Expert Member
How do you find the C2D performing with modern system requirements? Do you have any slowdowns or experience any difficulties?
With the overclock, 98% of the day to day requirements are met with ease, the trouble comes with certain requirements that require more efficient and or modern compute horsepower, for example 1080p 60fps YouTube on chrome is right at the limit 100% utilization and a few hops and skips, however the on normal media players that's no issue.
Everything used for productivity runs fine, excluding things used to produce and edit audio and video, you can forget it, unless it utilizes the GPU.

Speaking of GPU its a 470 OC, the processor is the bottleneck in most games eg in Assetto Corsa all settings on low allows for 60fps with 100% Cpu utilization and 40% Gpu

Forget project cars or F1 2018, not possible

Overall you can use it, with the overclock, you'll be happy but the amount of things simply not possible are growing fast, its also very hot at 4.1 GHz.

PS GTA V no worries, bottle neck lies with the amount of VRAM on the GPU, I'm forced to Vsync at half ie 30 fps