Do you own an iPad?

Do you own an iPad?

• Yes

Votes: 98 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 89 47.6%

• Total voters
Yes, ipad air2 and iPad 6 -used continuously for email, news, MyBB, many apps incl banking, flight radar, Zinio etc We couldn't live without them, now part of our lives

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
I have an iPad
Used extensively for:
* Monitoring the IP cameras
* Doodling art
* Reading e-books
* Watching movies
* Youtube
* Telegram
* Keeping up with art sites
* Logging into routers to change passwords/settings
* Fault-finding on wireless networks
* Games
* Banking when not at home
* In-flight entertainment

wizardofid

Expert Member
same, had an Ipad, thought its the most useless and pointless gadget ever devised by man.
The problem unless you jailbreak it, installing some apps is impossible, having every thing tied to the itune store is a mission too, while it applies to google store as well to some extend.I rarely use the playstore, I can get all I need and side load without needing to edit or change the main operating system.

What is funny, my brother has an ipad as well as his kids, he also has an iMac desktop.But has since moved over to android, with an nvidia shield box, and swear high and low, that this is basically the best media box ever created.

Far less issues for him then with apple, while he still uses his ipads, it doesn't impact his media ecosystem all that much, he would much rather use the shield or the chrome cast.

Last edited:

rayanne

Well, I actually don't. I actually won one in a competion which the wife claimed, then the kids have one each but I am tired of the effort sorting them out all the time, account locks, forget passwords etc. I am going to get them all a Samsung A1/6 (Can't recall the model) as at least it is something I can understand. I do own a macbook but it remains in its box, used exactly once, so if anyone is looking for one, let me know, we can make a deal. :)
Deal!! You can donate it to me for studying Jokes

Chuckmyster

Executive Member
iPad 2 16gb
Lives in my caravan I visit on weekends and use it to read the news and get my MyBB weekend fix.
Also use it for DSTV there when the F1 is on

ebendl

Expert Member
iPad 1 16GB, used for showing movies in the car when going on holidays. Absolutely useless for anything else.
iPad 2 16GB, used for a bit of kiddie activities
iPad mini 32 GB, used for Showmax and Plex streaming

They're honestly too old for anything else these days. Most websites you load on them crash.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Still rocking an iPad 2 so it's unfortunately at it's limits of performance which means it gets used less and less for things I would like to do on it...which would be everything.

So mostly it's used as a Cookbook in the kitchen.

Will upgrade to a Pro at some point and then get back to using it for everything.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
I had one. It was the very first thing I ever won on Mybroadband. Unfortunately, an affirmative shopper who decided that my house was open for business while I was out decided that he'd relieve me of it...