Do you prefer using UberEATS or Mr D Food?

Do you prefer using UberEATS or Mr D Food?

• UberEATS

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Mr D Food

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters

Badprop_za

Expert Member
Prefer Mr D.

For some reason UberEATS is unable to find my house to deliver the food. Funny enough, I do not have this problem with Uber. Wierd....

RustyPrincess

Expert Member
I use Mr D and OrderIn now, after uber messed me around the last few times I ordered. Their delivery guys really let their service down. They continue to accept orders even if there are no drivers to deliver them, then things take like 2 hours to get to you. And you can't phone anyone to log a complaint or get things resolved and the in app chat has such delayed responses.

Nimz

Expert Member
MrD just because of the fact that they allow cash payments

Which helps when ordering at the office

f2wohf

Honorary Master
I dislike Uber Eats because over the last 10 orders, I probably got cold (and soggy food) 6 times.

Never got a voucher or anything, just a sorry.

MrD Food messed up once over the last 10 orders and sent me a voucher worth a good part of the meal.

Crush

Uber eats works well for me in Jhb. Was in CPT for a week recently and experience was horrific!

If Jhb service on Uber eats was that bad I would not use it at all.

Gonna try Order in as well now.

For R10 a delivery UberEats for me, no brainer ....only pizzas, McD or KFC though...wouldnt risk an expensive takeout arriving on the back of one of those flimsy scooters after being bounced around for 20 mins!

mercurial

MyBB Legend
For R10 a delivery UberEats for me, no brainer ....only pizzas, McD or KFC though...wouldnt risk an expensive takeout arriving on the back of one of those flimsy scooters after being bounced around for 20 mins!
OrderIn delivery is also R10...

cronjec

Pro's and Cons for me are:

• App: Here Ubereats wins with their interface, better search function and ability to track the driver's GPS.
  • Variety: Mr D takes this one in my area with a larger selection of restaurants than Ubereats (but this obviously depends on where you live).
  • Payment Options: This one goes to Mr D Food who allows cash orders and not only card payments.
  • Tipping: I preder Ubereats where I can decide on my tip after delivery and also enter a custom amount rather than the set % options.
  • Charging: Ubereats wins here again as they only charge your card after you have received your order. Mr D Food charges upfront and if something goes wrong with the order or the restaurant cancels it, you have to wait quite a few days to be refunded.
  • Operating times: Also goes to Ubereats who allows me to order breakfast on a weekend from 08H00 from some restaurants. Mr D Food only accepts orders from 10H30 onwards.

Nopt!c

MR D, horrible service in CPT. They left me a ravenous and disappointed customer. Still waiting for my refund after failed deliveries.