Do you prefer watching movies in 2D or 3D?

Do you prefer watching movies in 2D or 3D?

• 2D

Votes: 283 80.4%
  • 3D

Votes: 69 19.6%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
A simple question today – Do you prefer watching movies at the cinema in 2D or 3D?

Okty

2D

Majority of movies aren't even made with 3d effects in mind, most of the time you just get a small depth of field.

OomD

Problem with most 3D movies is, after a few minutes you don't really perceive the 3D effect anymore, you might as well be watching in 2D. There's nothing that comes out at you, that appears to come out from the screen anymore, so what does the whole 3D effect do then? I suspect that's why 3D TV's went away too.

So normal 3D is terrible, much too dark and difficult to see.
IMAX 3D at Cape Gate for example is like night and day (literally) compared to normal 3D, its absolutely brilliant.
If I have a special movie to watch like Endgame for example, then I would always make the effort to go see it at the 3D IMAX, otherwise its 2D all the way.

So normal 3D is terrible, much too dark and difficult to see.
IMAX 3D at Cape Gate for example is like night and day (literally) compared to normal 3D, its absolutely brilliant.
If I have a special movie to watch like Endgame for example, then I would always make the effort to go see it at the 3D IMAX, otherwise its 2D all the way.
Amen, 3D Imax is the best. Watched Captain Marval in 3D at monte, def not the same.

EvoBunny

3D movies gives me headaches and there is medical evidence that it may actually destroy areas in your brain due to the 3D focus trying to force you to focus on a certain point. Because of this I would never watch a 3D movie ever again.

I prefer to eat vegetables as opposed to become one.

Esbendzn

You do more looking around to see whats new than actually watching the movie.... end up losing the plot..... and those that wear glasses..... do you wear 2 pairs.... original plus 3d glasses when watching a 3d movie? Havent seen tested 3d glasses