Do you tip petrol attendants?

• Yes

Votes: 373 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 289 43.7%

• Total voters

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Apples and Oranges I'm afraid, speaking as a former waiter. Petrol attendants perform a task you could do yourself (as you have indicated) ... waiters do something you can't do yourself and by all means, don't tip if they do it badly.
If allowed I don't see how it's impossible to collect one's own food from the kitchen or counter. There are places which work that way.

Also, Riaan's post claimed that he doesn't tip as petrol are paid to do a job. Waiters are also paid to do their job.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Guy admitted he had never changed a tyre - ever. Didn't even know where the spare was.
My father-in-law would not let his daughters drive unless they could change a tyre. My wife is capable of changing the tyres on our Everest and has done so on a few occasions. Most wifes here in the country phone their husbands to come change a tyre. No matter that they are halfway between the farm and the big city. Pathetic. Unless you are physically unable to change a tyre you should not be driving.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
So you don't tip your waiter either?

I had a reason not to tip my petrol attendant on Friday. I get out of the car to watch refuelling, which she did fine. Before asking if she could pump up the tyres, she pulled out the card machine. I paid without issue but before I could ask her to do my tyres she walked off. No tip for her as I then did it myself.
What happens if you don't watch?

Flytrap

If allowed I don't see how it's impossible to collect one's own food from the kitchen or counter. There are places which work that way.

Also, Riaan's post claimed that he doesn't tip as petrol are paid to do a job. Waiters are also paid to do their job.
Stop eating fast food. Its full of bad oils and carcinogens - :D Yup those places are called MacDonalds and Steers

Niala66

I always tip for the good service they provide and most of the time for their friendliness.