• No, but I use a traditional dumb watch

Votes: 79 21.5%
  • What's a watch?

Votes: 70 19.1%

• Total voters

MirageF1

Executive Member
What's a watch?

Once upon a time, long ago, in the innocence of my youth and before the Rise of the Machines, yes....

Last edited:

Neuk_

Expert Member
I'm looking to jump ship from Suunto. Have my eye on the Fenix 6 Pro. Main requirement is battery life for running ultra's, otherwise looking for something to use daily for HR monitoring, steps etc.

What have been the biggest benefits for you with the Fenix 6?

Battery life is definitely one of the benefits, I am building up my mountain biking and running bases again so am not out there for very long but I charged the watch last week Wednesday and it is on 55% battery life today after a few 30+ min runs and me wearing it 24/7. I am admittedly still learning about it as I came from an Apple Watch which is quite different but there is a lot more health/fitness data available than I had on my Apple which was one of the things I was looking for.

SAV

Used yo wear an Apple Watch, but I've switched back to wearing an analog watch.

Piesang

Executive Member
I use a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier as my daily watch. Also use it for Cycling and Walking. (I'm not a runner):ROFL::ROFL:

szluhajacques

Do you own and use a smart watch? Or perhaps a traditional "dumb" watch? Or no watch at all and rely on another device such as a cellphone?

If you do own a smart watch what brand is it?
I use a Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 (BT model)

Neuk_

Expert Member
I'm looking to jump ship from Suunto. Have my eye on the Fenix 6 Pro. Main requirement is battery life for running ultra's, otherwise looking for something to use daily for HR monitoring, steps etc.

What have been the biggest benefits for you with the Fenix 6?

I forgot, one other huge thing that I love about the Garmin, is how customisable various screens are, for instance when I am running or mountain biking I can load the data screens with the variables I want to see like speed, distance, time, etc. I can't remember being able to do it on my Apple Watch and one thing that frustrated me while training with the Apple Watch was having to lift my wrist every time I wanted to see 'data' while with the Garmin the screen is always on and a lot more visible.

SgtWhacky

I bought Myself and Fiance' a FitBit Charge 3 when we changed over to a healthier lifestyle and I really enjoy its features and easy to use interface there are many accessories for it aswell if you dont like the original look.

afsrav

I have no need for a smart watch. Occasionally use analog watch.

Nicelef

Apple Watch 4 Very reliable and integrates exceptionally well across all IOS/ Apple devices unlike my experience years ago with Samsung

BrianRollo

I wear a solid 14k Gold Jager LeCoultre which I've had since mid 1970's cost R4000 then, now I could not replace it.