DoC meets self-imposed deadlines

nfbs

Expert Member
Is don't see any benefit how your meet deadlines of non tangible benefit to the country. All those tasks were already done in the past. Redoing them shows that those past proceedings were not enforced and had to be redone.

I will judge Mr Carrim when LLU is on the table.

techead

Honorary Master
Is don't see any benefit how your meet deadlines of non tangible benefit to the country. All those tasks were already done in the past. Redoing them shows that those past proceedings were not enforced and had to be redone.

I will judge Mr Carrim when LLU is on the table.

hear hear :)

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
LLU is already on the table and out of his hands - take Telkom to court ...

Yuu

Executive Member
The fact that we did not read any delays or have someone comment it is the same old things, i think it is a positive sign going forward.

Now he needs a social platform for us to discuss what he can focus on going forward :).

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
Or he needs to become a MyBB member

Imagine how cool a Ministers Rep would be - shame it would steal TelkomZA's thunder

dominic

Legal Expert: Telecoms
he is kicking ass and taking names
there is a great deal going on atm

elvis_presley

Expert Member
I still do not have faith in the DOC.

Me neither; they have a massive hole to dig their way out of before they're seen in positive light, but I would LOVE to be proven wrong, and for this chappie to start getting some serious stuff done.

Iroiro

Why should we be impressed that he is actually just doing his job?

S1ght

Expert Member

Because exactly that. Something is better than nothing. We don't need to give him praise for doing what he's suppose to be doing but we don't necessarily need to react badly to it either?

nfbs

Expert Member
Why don't we let school students also set their own self-imposed deadlines.
They only have to pitch at school at 10:00. Exams are open class discussions where and students mark themselves.
And then afterwards we praise them for being much better than those who failed before them.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad

I came here to post that very same thing.

Only in SA will we be impressed when someone does what they are actually getting paid to do.

dominic

Legal Expert: Telecoms
nobody is asking you to be impressed but after more than a decade of little to no movement it is okay to say something positive when decisions are actually being made for a change

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
why shouldn't we be impressed when somebody does a difficult job well?

Surely somebody who is facing a barrage of challenges and unjust criticism at the get go and still manages to deliver is worthy of admiration. If the discussion was about bonus pay or whatever different story but basic admiration for a job well done, please every functioning society has that.

TJ99

Honorary Master

Surely somebody who is facing a barrage of challenges and unjust criticism at the get go and still manages to deliver is worthy of admiration. If the discussion was about bonus pay or whatever different story but basic admiration for a job well done, please every functioning society has that.

Because, he's a minister. He's expected to do a difficult job. That's why a minister is supposed to be a person with vast experience in the field and the ability to deliver results. That's why they get paid stupidly huge salaries. The fact that the ANC normally appoints a bunch of nincompoops instead doesn't mean we should suddenly be impressed when someone actually does the job they're supposed to.

b166er

Sadly we already know that if a DOC minister actually does their job, they get replaced by somebody useless/corrupt very quickly. Thanks Yunus, it's been good.